ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniforms
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
Have you logged onto the uniform website to see what it will allow you to order?
-
Stokie1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Oct 2020, 07:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
Unable to access and DOM them advised me that only coats, hi-viz jackets and boots are available to order at the moment
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
What a laughable system that is for new starters,doesn’t give them much hope for the future
-
Gingerninja73
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 03 Aug 2020, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Uniforms
I started in September and was advised I had to wait 7 weeks for my DOM to be able to order my uniform.
Finally, two weeks ago I got my full allocation of uniform. 1 x Trousers, 1 x shorts, 5 x tops, fleece, waterproof coat, shoes and hat.
There was no mention of only certain items being available.
Finally, two weeks ago I got my full allocation of uniform. 1 x Trousers, 1 x shorts, 5 x tops, fleece, waterproof coat, shoes and hat.
There was no mention of only certain items being available.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
its surprisingly better than it was years ago.think i was 9 months before i got a uniform.
-
Willyarm
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 14 Oct 2020, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
When I first logged onto the dimensions ordering portal the only options were steel toe shoes and hi viz vests - I phoned the helpline number on the website and they changed my options to 'delivery' rather than 'warehouse' and I was able to choose everything. Not sure if I was supposed to, but I've not been asked for it back!
-
magicfinger
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 07 May 2019, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
I remember doing exactly this to get access to basic uniform. After maybe 6 months or so some other items appeard in the portal that I was then able to order also.Willyarm wrote: ↑08 Dec 2020, 09:49When I first logged onto the dimensions ordering portal the only options were steel toe shoes and hi viz vests - I phoned the helpline number on the website and they changed my options to 'delivery' rather than 'warehouse' and I was able to choose everything. Not sure if I was supposed to, but I've not been asked for it back!
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
That bit about the waterproof coat. They STILL breaching trade description like that?Gingerninja73 wrote: ↑07 Dec 2020, 19:06I started in September and was advised I had to wait 7 weeks for my DOM to be able to order my uniform.
Finally, two weeks ago I got my full allocation of uniform. 1 x Trousers, 1 x shorts, 5 x tops, fleece, waterproof coat, shoes and hat.
There was no mention of only certain items being available.
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniforms
I've just looked up the full info for you. From day 1 you are entitled to shoes, 2 x bottoms, 5 x tops, fleece, hi-viz. After 6 weeks (as long as your contract exceeds 13 weeks) you get your full entitlement.
So, log on to the uniform website and see what it says. Your login is your payroll number and Delivery, you then need to change the password.
If the full allocation isn't offered, call the uniform team on 01332 697118 or email them at royalmail@dimensions.co.uk
Hope that helps and you get sorted
So, log on to the uniform website and see what it says. Your login is your payroll number and Delivery, you then need to change the password.
If the full allocation isn't offered, call the uniform team on 01332 697118 or email them at royalmail@dimensions.co.uk
Hope that helps and you get sorted
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Uniforms
No wonder new starters do not last long, you are entitled to full kit, your Dom is trying it on, he knows the chances are you’ll quit within 3 months, if you get on joy see the union.