ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by LouBarlow »

I received a letter from HR today, and it was unlike anything I can remember getting sent in my time with the company. It basically states how we are making a loss for the first time since privatisation and that it is unlikely any bonus would be paid this year. I mean, I am presuming they don't mean the Christmas supplement, and that is the only bonus I can really think that I receive.

Is this a letter intended for managers?
Last edited by LouBarlow on 30 Nov 2020, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Dex7
Posts: 33
Joined: 20 Jul 2018, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by Dex7 »

Nah I received one too. Haven't given it a full read yet though. No bonus?? :no no
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Vote with your feet,CUT OFF, finish on time :nana
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by Ren Hoëk »

No bonus! Given what we have been through this year and what we are about to face would be an absolute piss take. How f***ing dare they send me that letter. They will be getting bare minimum from me this Christmas and going forward. I suggest everyone else reflects on that as well. I cant stress this enough.

YOUR EMPLOYER THINKS YOU ARE THICK. THEY DON'T RESPECT YOU. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. Give them what they deserve.
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by 2yearpostie »

leak to the press?
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by wacko74 »

How much have RM saved in suspended divi pay outs this year?
Duesouth
Posts: 279
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 17:25
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by Duesouth »

Well if its true about no Christmas bonus this year well my season of goodwill, will be no more. Times have been hard for everyone, but to scrap a xmas bonus is down right scrooge.

If it wasn't for the staff doing overtime over the years the business would crumble. I haven't recieved the letter but when I do, I might reconsider my position to clear.
thedonkey
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by thedonkey »

I haven't fully read the letter, but from what I did read it didn't indicate what bonuses it was referring to other than shareholder dividends. Perhaps the union could clarify what bonuses and if we are to get the Christmas bonus or not.
nickinoneck
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake?

Post by nickinoneck »

Of course we are getting the bonus at Xmas. It’s already been promulgated in a letter to branches.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Who knows what this company is capable of,nothing would surprise me,I dare say the fat cats in this company will have there grubby fingers in the pie!
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by sequinn »

The letter stated no share dividend this year.
derekm
Posts: 340
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 22:17
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by derekm »

Got mine this morning think it’s managers bonus & directors who will not get it and the dividend is still not been decided. But thinking back on the Moya Greene talks they tried to do away with the xmas bonus so don’t be surprised if it’s in these talks.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

This was put out by my division this morning.
Questions have been asked in regards to a letter circulating in social media stating that the Christmas bonus payment will not be made due to letter decline and a drop in profits.
We cannot comment on the accuracy of the letter but can only share what has been agreed between RM and the CWU and had been circulated around the business officially.

4. Christmas Pay Supplement The Christmas pay supplement of £100 for full time OPG and OSGs, pro-rated for part timers and 35-hour full timers (subject to the arrangements in Section 7) will be paid on Friday 18th December. The eligibility criteria for the Christmas supplement payment will be the same as last year, based on the four December weeks (commencing Monday, 23rd November). In the event of any Industrial Action the abatement criteria will be drawn from the PBS agreement. The separate payment of £100 (pro rata for PT and 35hr full time employees) agreed in the National Joint Statement - New Incentive Arrangements June 2012 will also be paid on Friday, 18th December. As in previous years, any necessary top up payments for Part Time or 35 hr Full time employees will be made in January 2020 in accordance with the actual hours worked at standard rate, beyond contractual during 2019.
Only dead fish follow the current
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by LouBarlow »

Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
01 Dec 2020, 13:05
This was put out by my division this morning.
Questions have been asked in regards to a letter circulating in social media stating that the Christmas bonus payment will not be made due to letter decline and a drop in profits.
We cannot comment on the accuracy of the letter but can only share what has been agreed between RM and the CWU and had been circulated around the business officially.

4. Christmas Pay Supplement The Christmas pay supplement of £100 for full time OPG and OSGs, pro-rated for part timers and 35-hour full timers (subject to the arrangements in Section 7) will be paid on Friday 18th December. The eligibility criteria for the Christmas supplement payment will be the same as last year, based on the four December weeks (commencing Monday, 23rd November). In the event of any Industrial Action the abatement criteria will be drawn from the PBS agreement. The separate payment of £100 (pro rata for PT and 35hr full time employees) agreed in the National Joint Statement - New Incentive Arrangements June 2012 will also be paid on Friday, 18th December. As in previous years, any necessary top up payments for Part Time or 35 hr Full time employees will be made in January 2020 in accordance with the actual hours worked at standard rate, beyond contractual during 2019.
Thank you for the clarification.
dolphlundgren73
Posts: 39
Joined: 10 Sep 2009, 11:46
Gender: Male

Re: Have I Been Sent a Manager Letter By Mistake? No Christmas Bonus?

Post by dolphlundgren73 »

Yes the letter says no bonus,despite it being well known that its going to be the most profitable xmas for Royal Mail . They also conviently removed electiion profit out of figures and also well over a million pounds pay for managers and ricos pay off of course. So really it hasnt been due to mail volumes where money was supposedly lost. Anyway ,i wont be doing a min of overtime and continue to not be able to do parcels and the other round in my time. Im sure every other postie will do the same or else be a mug for doing overtime to complete an impossible workload.