ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where do you sign for VR?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postmangit
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 85
Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
Gender: Male

Where do you sign for VR?

Post by Postmangit »

31 years, sick of the job.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by terry2972 »

Have you got something lined up?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by rambo1 »

Postmangit wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2020, 15:06
31 years, sick of the job.
If you find out, let me know too!
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by postieblueshirt »

yep 26 years in no job to go to still relatively young.give me money il go tomorrow and take my chances.if this is a sinking ship then il be one of the rats.
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by Mick100 »

£520 a week for doing this yes it is a demanding job and to be honest when I've finished I'm pretty worn out out I ain't a youngster anymore, but trust me the grass really isn't greener on the other side, work your times do your best an don't stress
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by FirstPost »

Mick100 wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2020, 19:07
£520 a week for doing this yes it is a demanding job and to be honest when I've finished I'm pretty worn out out I ain't a youngster anymore, but trust me the grass really isn't greener on the other side, work your times do your best an don't stress
is that your standard take home?
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by woody38 »

Love to know where u work to get £520, do u work in London and get the London allowance
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by Mick100 »

Work just out of London that is gross pay can't really say take home pay as I'm paying into penny post and buying holiday etc but remove all this I would imagine I would take £420 after tax. For unskilled labour this isn't poor pay
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by world class male »

no matter if he's on london money or whatever it's still good money for unskilled labour, it is damn hard work for the old guys though
if only they could employ decent shop floor management, even half decent would be an improvement
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by postieblueshirt »

Mick100 wrote: ↑
29 Nov 2020, 20:46
Work just out of London that is gross pay can't really say take home pay as I'm paying into penny post and buying holiday etc but remove all this I would imagine I would take £420 after tax. For unskilled labour this isn't poor pay
You get roughly£70 more than me I'm north of the border
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by wacko74 »

Again the old chestnut about what ''great pay'' we get comes trotting out... I do wish people would educate themselves on just how generous the ''in work'' benefits system can be for those who know how to take full advantage of that system.

It's very easy for a ''single'' parent working 16 hours per week on min wage to have more overall income than the take home pay of a postie working 40 hours.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by woody38 »

Most full times north of London take home around £350 after deductions.
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by tractorboy2 »

He could be on night shift ?
sean38
Posts: 56
Joined: 23 May 2007, 15:42

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by sean38 »

Or dreaming
nightcrawler
Posts: 189
Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
Gender: Male

Re: Where do you sign for VR?

Post by nightcrawler »

I thought you could only take VR when Royal Mail offered it? It seems to come around every several years or so, when they decide to “cull” the workforce.