ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by trevjim »

Been off since Saturday, had some covid symptoms but no cough or loss of taste, but thought I'd do the test to be sure, so did that Monday, so waiting to hear back from that.

Boss has been ringing ever day pushing me to come back, I am now feeling better and feel I could possibly make it in tomorrow if I feel up for it, however I've still not got the results back. As much as I don't feel it was covid what I had, am I allowed back without the results?

Boss said it doesn't matter once I'm feeling better
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by midegarelu »

Question - is your boss a qualified Doctor? No I thought not.

If not then follow the instructions given by the NHS in this link.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ult-means/
"We employ you so we can sack you"
david3595
Posts: 167
Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by david3595 »

trevjim wrote: ↑
25 Nov 2020, 17:27
Been off since Saturday, had some covid symptoms but no cough or loss of taste, but thought I'd do the test to be sure, so did that Monday, so waiting to hear back from that.

Boss has been ringing ever day pushing me to come back, I am now feeling better and feel I could possibly make it in tomorrow if I feel up for it, however I've still not got the results back. As much as I don't feel it was covid what I had, am I allowed back without the results?

Boss said it doesn't matter once I'm feeling better
No is the simple answer, we had several staff off work until their results came back negative.
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by beanmuncha »

No is the short answer.
You stay off until you have confirmation that you DO NOT have it.
If he continues to harass ask him to send you letter/text stating he is asking you back before the test result is back.
You are following the guidelines he is not.


My DOM has strictly told us to stay away from work if we any symptoms at all.
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by xPandabear1992x »

absolutely not. no test result = no return to work. make sure you have your test registration card to hand and if possible photograph it and send to your lino and if not, keep it. when you get your test result keep that as well and THEN give both to your lino.

regardless of if you have covid or not, you're protecting the integrity of the mail by not going in until you at least have your result.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by robbertwhitton »

Just sums up all that’s wrong in this job,in the current climate,they’re still on your case!so he can wait for your test result,this is serious and he needs to deal with it accordingly and not pressure you in to coming back.
User avatar
tomtallis
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 268
Joined: 28 Oct 2020, 09:18
Gender: Male

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by tomtallis »

.
Last edited by tomtallis on 13 Nov 2021, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results

Post by sindba »

Ask to see him for a chat about it and cough all the way through it.