Been off since Saturday, had some covid symptoms but no cough or loss of taste, but thought I'd do the test to be sure, so did that Monday, so waiting to hear back from that.
Boss has been ringing ever day pushing me to come back, I am now feeling better and feel I could possibly make it in tomorrow if I feel up for it, however I've still not got the results back. As much as I don't feel it was covid what I had, am I allowed back without the results?
Boss said it doesn't matter once I'm feeling better
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
Question - is your boss a qualified Doctor? No I thought not.
If not then follow the instructions given by the NHS in this link.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ult-means/
If not then follow the instructions given by the NHS in this link.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ult-means/
"We employ you so we can sack you"
-
david3595
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
No is the simple answer, we had several staff off work until their results came back negative.trevjim wrote: ↑25 Nov 2020, 17:27Been off since Saturday, had some covid symptoms but no cough or loss of taste, but thought I'd do the test to be sure, so did that Monday, so waiting to hear back from that.
Boss has been ringing ever day pushing me to come back, I am now feeling better and feel I could possibly make it in tomorrow if I feel up for it, however I've still not got the results back. As much as I don't feel it was covid what I had, am I allowed back without the results?
Boss said it doesn't matter once I'm feeling better
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
No is the short answer.
You stay off until you have confirmation that you DO NOT have it.
If he continues to harass ask him to send you letter/text stating he is asking you back before the test result is back.
You are following the guidelines he is not.
My DOM has strictly told us to stay away from work if we any symptoms at all.
You stay off until you have confirmation that you DO NOT have it.
If he continues to harass ask him to send you letter/text stating he is asking you back before the test result is back.
You are following the guidelines he is not.
My DOM has strictly told us to stay away from work if we any symptoms at all.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
absolutely not. no test result = no return to work. make sure you have your test registration card to hand and if possible photograph it and send to your lino and if not, keep it. when you get your test result keep that as well and THEN give both to your lino.
regardless of if you have covid or not, you're protecting the integrity of the mail by not going in until you at least have your result.
regardless of if you have covid or not, you're protecting the integrity of the mail by not going in until you at least have your result.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
Just sums up all that’s wrong in this job,in the current climate,they’re still on your case!so he can wait for your test result,this is serious and he needs to deal with it accordingly and not pressure you in to coming back.
-
tomtallis
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 28 Oct 2020, 09:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
.
Last edited by tomtallis on 13 Nov 2021, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Boss wants me back at work but still waiting on covid test results
Ask to see him for a chat about it and cough all the way through it.