ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Moving house
-
Lfc1972
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 18:36
- Gender: Female
Moving house
Moving house after xmas and someone told me today you can get a day off for moving so you don’t have to use a days holiday. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Many thanks
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving house
Yes it's called use your day off to do it 
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving house
You could at one time, I did 18 years ago, doubt it still exists now.
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Re: Moving house
Still in there agreement day off etc for moving
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving house
Link?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Moving house
First I have heard of it, I moved in 2006 and 2017 - both times using day off plus annual leave. I'd be gobsmacked if they pay you to have a day off to move - in all fairness why should they, and what other company would do it? That said my boiler is being serviced later this month, I'll ask if I can have an extra day off with pay for that.
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving house
I got one in April. Most employers will give a day off for a house move.