ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moving house

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lfc1972
Posts: 37
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 18:36
Gender: Female

Moving house

Post by Lfc1972 »

Moving house after xmas and someone told me today you can get a day off for moving so you don’t have to use a days holiday. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Many thanks
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Moving house

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Yes it's called use your day off to do it :dance
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Moving house

Post by wacko74 »

You could at one time, I did 18 years ago, doubt it still exists now.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Moving house

Post by Yamr1 »

Still in there agreement day off etc for moving
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Moving house

Post by Sir Henry »

Link?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: Moving house

Post by priority102 »

First I have heard of it, I moved in 2006 and 2017 - both times using day off plus annual leave. I'd be gobsmacked if they pay you to have a day off to move - in all fairness why should they, and what other company would do it? That said my boiler is being serviced later this month, I'll ask if I can have an extra day off with pay for that.
kevbo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 134
Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
Gender: Male

Re: Moving house

Post by kevbo »

I got one in April. Most employers will give a day off for a house move.