ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

my journey

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
newpostyco13
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Sep 2020, 16:03
Gender: Male
Location: thenorthovertabridge

my journey

Post by newpostyco13 »

so it looks like my royal mail journey has come to an end :confused . ive met some great people but was told today that im not going to pass my trial due to time off witch consisted of been sick at work and sent home, family emergency a child needed to go to hospital, 2 days isolation while awaiting covid-19 results (went back to work 30 mins after getting negative) . the thing that got me was " you chose not to deliver 600 letters over going to hospital with your kid . im sure most would agree ive chosen right there but alas genuinely gutted to lose this job :sad:
reppin posty co
Lapzio
Posts: 38
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 20:03
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by Lapzio »

Thats just so sad what a cold company we work for , good luck in the future mate
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by robbertwhitton »

Just a glimpse my friend into what this company has become,you’ll find a better job I’m sure,the management are corrupt as ever so I shouldn’t shed a tear, I’ve done nearly 40 years and simply not the job for me anymore,good luck.
Shirtbuttons
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 292
Joined: 06 Sep 2020, 14:46
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by Shirtbuttons »

They have done you a favour mate, believe me. After getting out there’s no looking back. Everyone does better. Average UK wage is 29 grand.
panzer4
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 173
Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by panzer4 »

Sorry mate but as per the other comments here ,this management doesn’t give a s**t about their staff,I wish you and your family well for the future
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by WASD »

Sorry to hear this. RM managers really are a horrible bunch. If you are interested, contact ACAS. They are an independent agency that can help resolve work problems. I feel at these "unprecedented times" that RM would struggle to defend themselves.

But best of luck on your next job. RM isn't anything special by any means, and don't pay as well as people like to make out. So don't feel down (not saying you are), lots of different interesting industries out there.
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by postieblueshirt »

Good luck I like many others are past the point of no return been in to long to walk away.if I could I'd take a job as a home shopping driver at the local supermarket that seems to be a lot less stressful.good luck...
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

my journey

Post by fly-catchers »

robbertwhitton wrote:Just a glimpse my friend into what this company has become,you’ll find a better job I’m sure,the management are corrupt as ever so I shouldn’t shed a tear, I’ve done nearly 40 years and simply not the job for me anymore,good luck.
Finally going after 32 years. Manager came up to me and said he had heard rumours that I might want to go. And would he like me to get it under way! With a brief you will be missed as he walked off! I won't miss him!