An interesting read
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54775719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overworked delivery drivers
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
It says they get paid 50p a parcel and deliver around 350 packages a day. Thats £175 a day, or £875 for working a 5 day week.
I remember that deliver drivers are quoted to deliver 20 parcels per hour at Xmas. So to deliver 350 parcels that would equate to driving on the road for 17 and a half hours!!
I remember that deliver drivers are quoted to deliver 20 parcels per hour at Xmas. So to deliver 350 parcels that would equate to driving on the road for 17 and a half hours!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
Not if you're just leaving them on the doorstep!postslippete wrote:It says they get paid 50p a parcel and deliver around 350 packages a day. Thats £175 a day, or £875 for working a 5 day week.
I remember that deliver drivers are quoted to deliver 20 parcels per hour at Xmas. So to deliver 350 parcels that would equate to driving on the road for 17 and a half hours!!
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
But your not leaving them on the doorstep.you are placing them on the doorstep stepping back 2 metres and waiting till the item is picked up by the recipient there is a difference.rambo1 wrote:Not if you're just leaving them on the doorstep!postslippete wrote:It says they get paid 50p a parcel and deliver around 350 packages a day. Thats £175 a day, or £875 for working a 5 day week.
I remember that deliver drivers are quoted to deliver 20 parcels per hour at Xmas. So to deliver 350 parcels that would equate to driving on the road for 17 and a half hours!!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
Not entirely comparable as South Korea is a low income tax country so it actually pays (at least financially) to work long hours even in low paid unskilled work.
The only winners in this country if you were to work those kind of hours in a low paid job would be HMRC.
The only winners in this country if you were to work those kind of hours in a low paid job would be HMRC.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
I mean other couriers that seem to be able to leave them on doorstep. Of course we can't which is why we can only do 20/hr.postieblueshirt wrote:But your not leaving them on the doorstep.you are placing them on the doorstep stepping back 2 metres and waiting till the item is picked up by the recipient there is a difference.rambo1 wrote:Not if you're just leaving them on the doorstep!postslippete wrote:It says they get paid 50p a parcel and deliver around 350 packages a day. Thats £175 a day, or £875 for working a 5 day week.
I remember that deliver drivers are quoted to deliver 20 parcels per hour at Xmas. So to deliver 350 parcels that would equate to driving on the road for 17 and a half hours!!
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
Are they delivering letters aswell 
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8880
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
Got a parcel delivery from Amazon last night at 22.05 (wtf ) .
Lady delivering item said she still had 5 or 6 customers to get to
Is this how RM see parcel deliveries in the future, I would like to think
not but then again they dont give a monkey's about staff because they
know someone will do it

Lady delivering item said she still had 5 or 6 customers to get to
Is this how RM see parcel deliveries in the future, I would like to think
not but then again they dont give a monkey's about staff because they
know someone will do it
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
And 4 lots of D2D's30+YEARMAN wrote:Are they delivering letters aswell
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Overworked delivery drivers
Today I had double mail on every loop as the whole walk failed yesterday (as I was on my day off) plus a thick Chrismas Aldi catalogue for every call (and the usual flimsy pizza and other leaflets)
I had to split down every loop JUST to get the mail into the pouch. Nevermind the packets
Fu*k me the packets.. it's Christmas everyday since lockdown
No staff to cover my day off, no hope of getting the manager to cover dropped loops...
Tomorrow I face triple mail and packets on the loops I dropped
Dropping dead sounds good
I had to split down every loop JUST to get the mail into the pouch. Nevermind the packets
Fu*k me the packets.. it's Christmas everyday since lockdown
No staff to cover my day off, no hope of getting the manager to cover dropped loops...
Tomorrow I face triple mail and packets on the loops I dropped
Dropping dead sounds good