ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pregnant on deliveries
-
ThompsonH
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Nov 2020, 14:43
- Gender: Female
Pregnant on deliveries
I'm pregnant, told my managers around a fortnight ago and I am now not being let to do deliveries and kept inside building door to door material, I've been told I can't pick up any overtime as there aren't any extra inside hours - I've said multiple times to different managers I am quite happy to go out and do deliveries as usual, I feel fully capable, I'm feeling really down at the prospect of spending the next 6 months indoors and not being able to take on overti e as this has been over half my wages, not being able to get this will impact my maternity pay. Apparently they are waiting for a risk assessment to be done
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Pregnant on deliveries
Topic moved to Blue Shirts forum.
You will have to wait for the risk assessment like they said.
Kudos to your manager/s, most never bother.
You will have to wait for the risk assessment like they said.
Kudos to your manager/s, most never bother.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Pregnant on deliveries
i echo postman above....
seen girls in our gaff over the years....each has had to be risk accessed
seen girls in our gaff over the years....each has had to be risk accessed
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Pregnant on deliveries
unfortunately they cant risk you falling or something happening which puts you and your child to be at risk, the potential lawsuit and PR mess isnt worth the hassle to them, so they always play it safe.ThompsonH wrote:I'm pregnant, told my managers around a fortnight ago and I am now not being let to do deliveries and kept inside building door to door material, I've been told I can't pick up any overtime as there aren't any extra inside hours - I've said multiple times to different managers I am quite happy to go out and do deliveries as usual, I feel fully capable, I'm feeling really down at the prospect of spending the next 6 months indoors and not being able to take on overti e as this has been over half my wages, not being able to get this will impact my maternity pay. Apparently they are waiting for a risk assessment to be done
-
ThompsonH
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Nov 2020, 14:43
- Gender: Female
Pregnant on deliveries
It's just frustrating, my earning potential is being taken away, I understand the playing safe as they are obviously worried about hitting the headlines for something happening to me.