ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM payment for own shoes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew the procedure(if there is one) for RM paying out for you to buy your own shoes?
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.

Cheers
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

RM payment for own shoes

Post by k979aaa »

mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, just wondered if anyone knew the procedure(if there is one) for RM paying out for you to buy your own shoes?
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.

Cheers
You will need a medical note at the very least it is like trying to get blood out of a stone.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by aiden01 »

mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, just wondered if anyone knew the procedure(if there is one) for RM paying out for you to buy your own shoes?
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.

Cheers
They pay up to £34 but you will need a letter from doctor or some other specialist.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by aiden01 »

There is an ltb in downloads section gives you all the details
knackeredneedadayoff
Posts: 342
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by knackeredneedadayoff »

I wear my own shoes at work and wear RM shoes for gardening etc because i have to pay for doctors note so makes me out of pocket.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?
Spikey.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by greengiant »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?
Spikey.jpg
Yes, very useful!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
261184
Posts: 17
Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 19:05
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by 261184 »

I got paid once as I produced a Dr’s note but when I went for a new pair a year later I was told I had to exhaust all their trainers ( about 6-8 different styles) so I gave up as I couldn’t be bothered with the rigmarole of it all...then a few months back I got hauled into the Office as they’d had an email from HMRC asking me to explain why I’d received £30, I explained it was for shoes,but didn’t have a reciept as it was 18 months ago!! More trouble than its worth tbh
CillitBang
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 67
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 15:38
Gender: Female

RM payment for own shoes

Post by CillitBang »

:dance
Last edited by CillitBang on 01 Dec 2021, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

RM payment for own shoes

Post by twoloops »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?
Neither use nor ornament :whistle
pex
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by pex »

I've just been refused payment on a pair i bought, in spite of having a doctors note and having been paid the £34 before.
The refusal email is asking management to measure the width of my feet and they will get a pair made to fit me.
You couldn't make it up, I cannot believe they are so petty.
I will just carry on and buy my own, I assume they have now figured out we are prepared to pay for the comfort factor.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

RM payment for own shoes

Post by sorefeet17 »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?
Spikey.jpg
Yes, they are good if there's a thick layer of snow/ice around, if there's not your feet will kill you with pain within minutes, oh and be careful going into blocks of flats with tiled floors you will be like Bamby on ice.