ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

parking tickets.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

parking tickets.

Post by wazer »

Couple of guys have received parking tickets. The one guy has been parking in the same spot for yrs.They have only just received the letters from RM,they have gone over the time limit for paying cheaper fine due to only just having letters. Who should pay the fines. Especially as they have gone over time limit to pay cheaper. Nice to see local council helping us out in covid. I park on yellow lines (2yrs), worried about getting fine. (Tickets were not issued by traffic warden but traffic enforcer car)
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

parking tickets.

Post by k979aaa »

wazer wrote:Couple of guys have received parking tickets. The one guy has been parking in the same spot for yrs.They have only just received the letters from RM,they have gone over the time limit for paying cheaper fine due to only just having letters. Who should pay the fines. Especially as they have gone over time limit to pay cheaper. Nice to see local council helping us out in covid. I park on yellow lines (2yrs), worried about getting fine. (Tickets were not issued by traffic warden but traffic enforcer car)
If you were there in the course of your duty hand it to the traffic office or the DOM if it keeps happening they will suspend deliveries it is normally some numpty traffic warden who will get his ass slapped as it wastes their time processing it we tend to have a good relationship with councils as we post lot's of threating letters for their own services. Don't pay it yourself
Bboingg
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
Gender: Male

parking tickets.

Post by Bboingg »

https://logistics.org.uk/CMSPages/GetFi ... lang=en-GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheDrivers Guide to Loading and Unloading in England & Wales may be of use (to some) in knowing those rules
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

parking tickets.

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=39011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rule of thumb and adding to what k9 has said, as long as you don't break the law IE bus stops, zig zags etc then RM pay it.

I've had a ticket before, told manager there was nowhere else to park and never heard anything again.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

parking tickets.

Post by Munchboii »

Sometimes I have great difficulty parking to empty some post offices on collections. There is a loading bay outside one which is clearly marked as loading only however people always park in it. I have been told by management that if the loading bay I can double park across the road to access the post office. Obviously abit dodgy, but still it is the only option. The police in my area normally do not touch our vans, we have a good relation with them. I think they are afraid they will lose our cooperation in intercepting drug packets if they start fining royal mail vans!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

parking tickets.

Post by k979aaa »

Munchboii wrote:Sometimes I have great difficulty parking to empty some post offices on collections. There is a loading bay outside one which is clearly marked as loading only however people always park in it. I have been told by management that if the loading bay I can double park across the road to access the post office. Obviously abit dodgy, but still it is the only option. The police in my area normally do not touch our vans, we have a good relation with them. I think they are afraid they will lose our cooperation in intercepting drug packets if they start fining royal mail vans!
Block the people who double park in ten to one most of them will have drugs in their cars so call the cop's it's a win win.