ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM payment for own shoes
-
mozsupportsrovers
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
Hi, just wondered if anyone knew the procedure(if there is one) for RM paying out for you to buy your own shoes?
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.
Cheers
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.
Cheers
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
RM payment for own shoes
You will need a medical note at the very least it is like trying to get blood out of a stone.mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, just wondered if anyone knew the procedure(if there is one) for RM paying out for you to buy your own shoes?
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.
Cheers
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
They pay up to £34 but you will need a letter from doctor or some other specialist.mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, just wondered if anyone knew the procedure(if there is one) for RM paying out for you to buy your own shoes?
Long story short, my feet were killing daily in RM shoes, past 3 months I’ve been wearing my own trainers and had no problems. But now it’s getting slippy out I need a better pair with better grip.
Cheers
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
There is an ltb in downloads section gives you all the details
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
I wear my own shoes at work and wear RM shoes for gardening etc because i have to pay for doctors note so makes me out of pocket.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
Yes, very useful!PostmanBitesDog wrote:This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
LTB212/18 Royal Mail Footwear - Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons
LTB 1047/10:'Spikys' and 'Snow Chains'
MRM.COM : Is your unit ready? : September is an important month in planning for severe weather
LTB 1047/10:'Spikys' and 'Snow Chains'
MRM.COM : Is your unit ready? : September is an important month in planning for severe weather
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
261184
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 19:05
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
I got paid once as I produced a Dr’s note but when I went for a new pair a year later I was told I had to exhaust all their trainers ( about 6-8 different styles) so I gave up as I couldn’t be bothered with the rigmarole of it all...then a few months back I got hauled into the Office as they’d had an email from HMRC asking me to explain why I’d received £30, I explained it was for shoes,but didn’t have a reciept as it was 18 months ago!! More trouble than its worth tbh
-
CillitBang
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 15:38
- Gender: Female
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
RM payment for own shoes
Neither use nor ornamentPostmanBitesDog wrote:This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.
-
pex
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
I've just been refused payment on a pair i bought, in spite of having a doctors note and having been paid the £34 before.
The refusal email is asking management to measure the width of my feet and they will get a pair made to fit me.
You couldn't make it up, I cannot believe they are so petty.
I will just carry on and buy my own, I assume they have now figured out we are prepared to pay for the comfort factor.
The refusal email is asking management to measure the width of my feet and they will get a pair made to fit me.
You couldn't make it up, I cannot believe they are so petty.
I will just carry on and buy my own, I assume they have now figured out we are prepared to pay for the comfort factor.
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
RM payment for own shoes
Yes, they are good if there's a thick layer of snow/ice around, if there's not your feet will kill you with pain within minutes, oh and be careful going into blocks of flats with tiled floors you will be like Bamby on ice.PostmanBitesDog wrote:This raises a related question: Has anyone used those spikeys that Royal Mail offer?mozsupportsrovers wrote:But now it’s getting slippery out, I need a better pair with better grip.