ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm out. IHR

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

I'm out. IHR

Post by 97gaz »

After 23 years I have this week parted company with Royal Mail due to ill health. It's going to be strange not getting up and going to work every morning but it was getting harder to go in every day. I'll really miss the lads and the banter but that's life.
Last edited by 97gaz on 30 Oct 2020, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 251
Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 01:00
Gender: Male

I'm out.

Post by nutcracker »

good luck mate, all the best for the future, you got out at the right time there’s quite a lot of covid outbreaks in RM offices according to the coronavirus articles sub forum, not a good time to be an employee with ill health.
Beanyjazz wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

I'm out.

Post by k979aaa »

Good luck and all the best
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

I'm out.

Post by fb1969 »

Best wishes to you.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

I'm out.

Post by Ricardo44 »

Good luck and all the best.
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

I'm out. IHR

Post by xPandabear1992x »

Good luck Gaz.
hatter68
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

I'm out. IHR

Post by hatter68 »

Good luck and best wishes for the future
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

I'm out. IHR

Post by fly-catchers »

Good luck for the future..
Must admit with IHR being mentioned often on this forum and having knackered knees and feet myself- RM shouldn't be proud that eventually all its long term staff end up sick! And thinking back over the years I can think of very few people who weren't off sick shortly before they left! So when the public tell me the job keeps me fit I often wonder which bit! Heart & lungs perhaps but not much else!
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

I'm out. IHR

Post by robbertwhitton »

I wish you well my friend,am 59 nd done 38 years with this company,now having knee and hip pain to contend with far from fun anymore.so will continue to see how they manage me,in later years at the sharp end
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

I'm out. IHR

Post by 97gaz »

fly-catchers wrote:Good luck for the future..
Must admit with IHR being mentioned often on this forum and having knackered knees and feet myself- RM shouldn't be proud that eventually all its long term staff end up sick! And thinking back over the years I can think of very few people who weren't off sick shortly before they left! So when the public tell me the job keeps me fit I often wonder which bit! Heart & lungs perhaps but not much else!
I've had rheumatoid arthritis for seven years and struggled many days through the pain rather than going sick. I wasn't on delivery much though as I've been DOM support for most of that time. However I was told to shield for 12 weeks due to the drugs I'm on and that break from work just tipped my health over the top. I'm 62 though so can't complain.