What should be prepped in my frame as a part-timer? (27.5 hours a week)
I've been told so many different things from managers, I don't know if anyone can give me any clarity
I work 5.5 hours a day, am I correct in saying I should walk to my frame at the start time and EVERYTHING should be prepped in:
Sequenced mail
IPS mail
Small packets (in the frame or on top if too big) - and marked
and the Redirections are done?
Also, sometimes I will go in early and prep all the above for 1 hour overtime pay which is fair!
but a lot of the time I get to my frame, half the IPS is left and all the packets - What should I do If I get in and this happens?
I find it crazy how people can get away with only 1/2 prepping in a frame! nothing is ever done about it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question about prep?
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Question about prep?
My part time partner walks in to everything prepped. Your predicament used to happen to me regularly, the culprit having already left on their walk before my starting time. I'd say an hour and a quarter to an hour and a half is more representative of the amount of time it takes to prep a full walk especially these days.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Question about prep?
It sounds like your first task of the day should be to call the lino over to look at what hasn’t been done and what would they like you to do. After 2 or 3 days they will hopefully get bored of you and make sure it’s done properly.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Question about prep?
Completely agree with Grumpy. Done this a few times & either I left a bit in if I had something on or I claimed the o/t to finish it.Grumpyoldmailman wrote:It sounds like your first task of the day should be to call the lino over to look at what hasn’t been done and what would they like you to do. After 2 or 3 days they will hopefully get bored of you and make sure it’s done properly.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Question about prep?
You wont get absolute clarity from here because different offices have different structures.Itoldyouso wrote:What should be prepped in my frame as a part-timer? (27.5 hours a week)
I've been told so many different things from managers, I don't know if anyone can give me any clarity
I work 5.5 hours a day, am I correct in saying I should walk to my frame at the start time and EVERYTHING should be prepped in:
Sequenced mail
IPS mail
Small packets (in the frame or on top if too big) - and marked
and the Redirections are done?
Also, sometimes I will go in early and prep all the above for 1 hour overtime pay which is fair!
but a lot of the time I get to my frame, half the IPS is left and all the packets - What should I do If I get in and this happens?
I find it crazy how people can get away with only 1/2 prepping in a frame! nothing is ever done about it.
We are 5hr 43min
We have 43 minutes to tie down & get out the door.
In that 43 minutes we have to do the drop bag & large parcels, redirections, bag everything & load the van.
The delivery span is 4hr 30min (includes travel to from office & emptying van)
30min break
5hr 43min per day
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Question about prep?
That's not how delivery span is calculated. If span is 4 hours 30, that is first letter until last. Travelling time is in addition to that. Also, 48 minutes to do all that and carry out vehicle checks in at best, optimistic.Route1 wrote:You wont get absolute clarity from here because different offices have different structures.Itoldyouso wrote:What should be prepped in my frame as a part-timer? (27.5 hours a week)
I've been told so many different things from managers, I don't know if anyone can give me any clarity
I work 5.5 hours a day, am I correct in saying I should walk to my frame at the start time and EVERYTHING should be prepped in:
Sequenced mail
IPS mail
Small packets (in the frame or on top if too big) - and marked
and the Redirections are done?
Also, sometimes I will go in early and prep all the above for 1 hour overtime pay which is fair!
but a lot of the time I get to my frame, half the IPS is left and all the packets - What should I do If I get in and this happens?
I find it crazy how people can get away with only 1/2 prepping in a frame! nothing is ever done about it.
We are 5hr 43min
We have 43 minutes to tie down & get out the door.
In that 43 minutes we have to do the drop bag & large parcels, redirections, bag everything & load the van.
The delivery span is 4hr 30min (includes travel to from office & emptying van)
30min break
5hr 43min per day
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Question about prep?
Not just all offices but all walks are different and traveling times can effect this greatly.Route1 wrote:You wont get absolute clarity from here because different offices have different structures.Itoldyouso wrote:What should be prepped in my frame as a part-timer? (27.5 hours a week)
I've been told so many different things from managers, I don't know if anyone can give me any clarity
I work 5.5 hours a day, am I correct in saying I should walk to my frame at the start time and EVERYTHING should be prepped in:
Sequenced mail
IPS mail
Small packets (in the frame or on top if too big) - and marked
and the Redirections are done?
Also, sometimes I will go in early and prep all the above for 1 hour overtime pay which is fair!
but a lot of the time I get to my frame, half the IPS is left and all the packets - What should I do If I get in and this happens?
I find it crazy how people can get away with only 1/2 prepping in a frame! nothing is ever done about it.
We are 5hr 43min
We have 43 minutes to tie down & get out the door.
In that 43 minutes we have to do the drop bag & large parcels, redirections, bag everything & load the van.
The delivery span is 4hr 30min (includes travel to from office & emptying van)
30min break
5hr 43min per day
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Question about prep?
Walk in
If it's not done tell manager
Prep your frame, if it takes 2 hours so be it
Longer indoors, less time outdoors
Tell manager you'll have to leave stuff behind
If it's not done tell manager
Prep your frame, if it takes 2 hours so be it
Longer indoors, less time outdoors
Tell manager you'll have to leave stuff behind
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Question about prep?
It can differ walk to walk never mind office to office. We had a part time duty that was way too easy and the answer was to have to part timer do some prep.
However.
This :
If I go in and not much is done, I get hold of the manager, take him to the frame and ask him what's going on. . what do you want me to do.
After a few days he makes sure the duty is prepped, until next time anyway.
So in answer to your question, it's meant to be fully prepped and when it isn't COMPLAIN!
However.
This :
or:Grumpyoldmailman wrote:It sounds like your first task of the day should be to call the lino over to look at what hasn’t been done and what would they like you to do. After 2 or 3 days they will hopefully get bored of you and make sure it’s done properly.
Don't forget you get 30 mins break, so you should do 5 hrs work.gimba wrote:Walk in
If it's not done tell manager
Prep your frame, if it takes 2 hours so be it
Longer indoors, less time outdoors
Tell manager you'll have to leave stuff behind
I'm on a 30 hr contract and everything is meant to be prepped. I prefer sorting packets myself, so if they aren't done, I don't complain, just claim overtime if I go over.Itoldyouso wrote: I work 5.5 hours a day
If I go in and not much is done, I get hold of the manager, take him to the frame and ask him what's going on. . what do you want me to do.
After a few days he makes sure the duty is prepped, until next time anyway.
So in answer to your question, it's meant to be fully prepped and when it isn't COMPLAIN!