I am on a part-time 24 hour contract. I am rarely given the duty day off and usually get given whatever day off suits management the most. I have been told my day off this week is Thursday but as I have signed for a collection on Thursday nights, I have been told I have to come in on my day off and work 3 hours(3.30pm-6.30pm)? Is there any ruling behind this? It doesn’t seem like much of a rest day if you are forced into work.
Many thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Collection on rest day
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Collection on rest day
Yes you will have to do it. Ask for your rest days to be on days where you are not doing extra after your duty.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Collection on rest day
Ask someone to swap?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Collection on rest day
When you sign for a scheduled attendance duty you are agreeing to cover that every week. It's your responsibility to find cover if you can't do it.