ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
I have to reorder some RM footwear. Im looking for the best trainer style or at least lightweight for me to order from? Any advise please. I cant see where there are any photos anywhere
-
Jahpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 318
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
Tried them all. Only get on with the Magnums which are a bit heavier but comfortable.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
Go onto royal mail dimensions uniform ordering . think theres a link on the chat? you need to log in and it brings you pics of footwear up when you click on FOOTWEAR button postiewhite 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
They're all utterly useless at offering any cushioning.
Once out on delivery I currently wear a pair of thoroughly knackered Adidas trainers with worn down soles which are well overdue for the bin, yet they're still so much more more comfortable and offer far more impact cushioning than any RM trainers.
Once out on delivery I currently wear a pair of thoroughly knackered Adidas trainers with worn down soles which are well overdue for the bin, yet they're still so much more more comfortable and offer far more impact cushioning than any RM trainers.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
Walking my 15 mile marathon would be more comfortable if I was to walk it bare footed & stepped on the odd stone or broken glass, Royal Mail shoes/boots are truly shocking, not fit for purpose, that's because RM like to look after & care for their staff 
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
I found the Magnums the worst of the current footwear, it feels like my feet are being pushed forward crunching the toes, some others in the office like them like you.Jahpostie wrote:Tried them all. Only get on with the Magnums which are a bit heavier but comfortable.
When I joined RM the shoe issue was a simple black boot which was lightweight, waterproof, you could put them on as new without the need to break them in at all.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
I like the waterproof anvil trainer. I've worn these two years straight and no issues at all other than the insole wearing down which I replaced myself. Good pair of shoes
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
There is only one item of Royal Mail footwear worth having. The Magnum Bandera (with Michelin soles). Comfortable and non-slip in the wet. What more can you want?
Put your own insoles in of course.
Put your own insoles in of course.
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
If you have feet even just slightly wider than narrow, the banderas are the way to go. As I said on another thread, I had to go a size bigger than I usually wear.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
I have some Italian boots they are comfy especially walking backwards Aboutbll but I had magnums boots they were better the shoes were the best!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
I'd agree with the Bandera option (and I've got wide feet).
Don't know what the argument about wearing HEAVY footwear is all about? FFS what do you think Squaddies wear to walk bloody miles? I sometimes think RM is Full of Ultra Marathon Runners, who are all concerned with shaving ever little bit of weight off everything!
Mind you there was a school of thought that youngsters couldn't get on with Combat Boots because they'd grown up in trainers (probably with the untied laces stuffed down the side) and never worn proper shoes, so they developed weak ankles.
Don't know what the argument about wearing HEAVY footwear is all about? FFS what do you think Squaddies wear to walk bloody miles? I sometimes think RM is Full of Ultra Marathon Runners, who are all concerned with shaving ever little bit of weight off everything!
Mind you there was a school of thought that youngsters couldn't get on with Combat Boots because they'd grown up in trainers (probably with the untied laces stuffed down the side) and never worn proper shoes, so they developed weak ankles.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.
Agree. I never give a thought to the weight of my footwear. I want comfortable boots that don't slip in the wet. There are none, next best thing Magnum Bander shoe.Dorset Plodder wrote:I'd agree with the Bandera option (and I've got wide feet).![]()
Don't know what the argument about wearing HEAVY footwear is all about? FFS
Also, going on about waterproof? No shoe is waterproof.