ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Feeling first class
-
thedarkknight
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
hi postie. sorry to hear you're struggling.thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
I've never used them myself but i hear very good things. They provide someone to talk to to air your feelings and to get stuff off your chest and are completly impartial.
It may be worth also asking your lino about a referral to occupational health if you need counselling.
Every cloud has a silver lining and I hope it shines through yours soon :)
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Stay strong buddy I too am suffering with my mental health.
I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.
Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.
Good luck and stay strong
I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.
Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.
Good luck and stay strong
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Have used feelin
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.
-
heathrow86
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 11:23
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Hello, the counselling service is very good, I have not long finished mine with them. When you first call you speak to someone, who basically goes through a questionnaire about yourself and symptoms, basically a triage. If you tick the right boxes, they arrange a councilor to call you, who will introduce themselves and arrange a time that is suitable for you and them, whatever time you choose they like to keep to that time every week if you need more than one session. Also it is worth saying that the Royal Mail only pay for 3 sessions. I'm not sure what happens if you need more as i only needed the two, but my councillor did say if i needed help again then call them. I guess you'll go through the process again?
They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.
They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Recomend it. When things seem dark, offloading to a total stranger can do wonders. Hope things work out for you.thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
-
thedarkknight
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Thank you for your reply, very helpfulrambo1 wrote:Recomend it. When things seem dark, offloading to a total stranger can do wonders. Hope things work out for you.thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
-
thedarkknight
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Thank you very your reply, very helpfulheathrow86 wrote:Hello, the counselling service is very good, I have not long finished mine with them. When you first call you speak to someone, who basically goes through a questionnaire about yourself and symptoms, basically a triage. If you tick the right boxes, they arrange a councilor to call you, who will introduce themselves and arrange a time that is suitable for you and them, whatever time you choose they like to keep to that time every week if you need more than one session. Also it is worth saying that the Royal Mail only pay for 3 sessions. I'm not sure what happens if you need more as i only needed the two, but my councillor did say if i needed help again then call them. I guess you'll go through the process again?
They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.
-
thedarkknight
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Thank you for your reply, very helpfulwazer wrote:Have used feelin
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.
-
thedarkknight
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Thank you for your reply, very helpfulExrep wrote:Stay strong buddy I too am suffering with my mental health.
I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.
Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.
Good luck and stay strong
-
thedarkknight
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Thank youxPandabear1992x wrote:hi postie. sorry to hear you're struggling.thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
I've never used them myself but i hear very good things. They provide someone to talk to to air your feelings and to get stuff off your chest and are completly impartial.
It may be worth also asking your lino about a referral to occupational health if you need counselling.
Every cloud has a silver lining and I hope it shines through yours soon :)
-
streets97
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
I used them once, unfortunately I found the service very poor, I told them this i also emailed a complaint to them I never got a reply.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Speak to your doctor try some meds if all else fails
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Feeling first class
Doctors can also prescribe counselling or yoga classes or other things it does not have to be meds but they can help, We are all feeling this one way or another with these stupid laws and missing people who we use to see each and everyday anyway good luck.postmanzach wrote:Speak to your doctor try some meds if all else fails
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Feeling first class
Thedarknight, how are you doing mate? Did ya get sorted with the councelling? Take care.