ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Feeling first class

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thedarkknight
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by thedarkknight »

Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by xPandabear1992x »

thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
hi postie. sorry to hear you're struggling.

I've never used them myself but i hear very good things. They provide someone to talk to to air your feelings and to get stuff off your chest and are completly impartial.

It may be worth also asking your lino about a referral to occupational health if you need counselling.


Every cloud has a silver lining and I hope it shines through yours soon :)
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by Exrep »

Stay strong buddy I too am suffering with my mental health.

I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.

Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.

Good luck and stay strong
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by wazer »

Have used feelin
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.
heathrow86
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 136
Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 11:23
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by heathrow86 »

Hello, the counselling service is very good, I have not long finished mine with them. When you first call you speak to someone, who basically goes through a questionnaire about yourself and symptoms, basically a triage. If you tick the right boxes, they arrange a councilor to call you, who will introduce themselves and arrange a time that is suitable for you and them, whatever time you choose they like to keep to that time every week if you need more than one session. Also it is worth saying that the Royal Mail only pay for 3 sessions. I'm not sure what happens if you need more as i only needed the two, but my councillor did say if i needed help again then call them. I guess you'll go through the process again?

They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by rambo1 »

thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
Recomend it. When things seem dark, offloading to a total stranger can do wonders. Hope things work out for you.
thedarkknight
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by thedarkknight »

rambo1 wrote:
thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
Recomend it. When things seem dark, offloading to a total stranger can do wonders. Hope things work out for you.
Thank you for your reply, very helpful
thedarkknight
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by thedarkknight »

heathrow86 wrote:Hello, the counselling service is very good, I have not long finished mine with them. When you first call you speak to someone, who basically goes through a questionnaire about yourself and symptoms, basically a triage. If you tick the right boxes, they arrange a councilor to call you, who will introduce themselves and arrange a time that is suitable for you and them, whatever time you choose they like to keep to that time every week if you need more than one session. Also it is worth saying that the Royal Mail only pay for 3 sessions. I'm not sure what happens if you need more as i only needed the two, but my councillor did say if i needed help again then call them. I guess you'll go through the process again?

They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.
Thank you very your reply, very helpful
thedarkknight
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by thedarkknight »

wazer wrote:Have used feelin
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.
Thank you for your reply, very helpful
thedarkknight
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by thedarkknight »

Exrep wrote:Stay strong buddy I too am suffering with my mental health.

I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.

Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.

Good luck and stay strong
Thank you for your reply, very helpful
thedarkknight
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 17:12
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by thedarkknight »

xPandabear1992x wrote:
thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?
hi postie. sorry to hear you're struggling.

I've never used them myself but i hear very good things. They provide someone to talk to to air your feelings and to get stuff off your chest and are completly impartial.

It may be worth also asking your lino about a referral to occupational health if you need counselling.


Every cloud has a silver lining and I hope it shines through yours soon :)
Thank you
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by streets97 »

I used them once, unfortunately I found the service very poor, I told them this i also emailed a complaint to them I never got a reply.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by postmanzach »

Speak to your doctor try some meds if all else fails
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Feeling first class

Post by k979aaa »

postmanzach wrote:Speak to your doctor try some meds if all else fails
Doctors can also prescribe counselling or yoga classes or other things it does not have to be meds but they can help, We are all feeling this one way or another with these stupid laws and missing people who we use to see each and everyday anyway good luck.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Feeling first class

Post by rambo1 »

Thedarknight, how are you doing mate? Did ya get sorted with the councelling? Take care.