ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Amazon Prime Day
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Amazon prime day starts on Tuesday.
I hope we are ready for the chaos this will bring packet wise. If you are in a DO that still delivers amazon contract parcels then please prepare yourselves
I hope we are ready for the chaos this will bring packet wise. If you are in a DO that still delivers amazon contract parcels then please prepare yourselves
-
Busterbear
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Start on time finish on time . Don’t stress let your Dim do that
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Amazon Prime Day
That's true except when Amazon are very busy and their own drivers can't cope, we often seem to get their excess packets dumped onto us (I presume their algorithm works out what volumes need to go to what delivery companies on any given day)ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Amazon Prime Day
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazonThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Ozzvaldo wrote:Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Rural walks or offices?Munchboii wrote:Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazonThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Amazon Prime Day
My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.SpacePhoenix wrote:Ozzvaldo wrote:Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.Rural walks or offices?Munchboii wrote:Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazonThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Maybe you're a very long way from the nearest Amazon depotOzzvaldo wrote:My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.SpacePhoenix wrote:Ozzvaldo wrote:Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.Rural walks or offices?Munchboii wrote:Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazonThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Amazon Prime Day
We're almost equidistant between two of them, approx. 70 miles from each, most of it motorway. I've no idea how they allocate their work. On Friday I took in 2 Amazon packets for my next door neighbour. One arrived at 0945 from the Amazon unit to the South of us, one at 1700 from the Amazon unit to the North. The first guy also had 2 other packets for my street (which only has 14 houses) as well. In between, I was chatting to my own postie who had Amazon packets for 3 houses in the street, including the house I took in for for both of Amazon's couriers.SpacePhoenix wrote:Maybe you're a very long way from the nearest Amazon depotOzzvaldo wrote:My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.SpacePhoenix wrote:Ozzvaldo wrote:Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.Rural walks or offices?Munchboii wrote:Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazonThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
-
postiepete2
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 24 Feb 2020, 08:35
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
This is the real reason why van share is back on for these tax dodging scumbags Amazon
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Boycott amazon - shop local!
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
It must just be where you are based, I know for a fact there's an Amazon depo roughly 15-20 miles away from my Royal Mail office & I believe they've opened another recently in an industrial estate only 5 miles or so away.Ozzvaldo wrote:We're almost equidistant between two of them, approx. 70 miles from each, most of it motorway. I've no idea how they allocate their work. On Friday I took in 2 Amazon packets for my next door neighbour. One arrived at 0945 from the Amazon unit to the South of us, one at 1700 from the Amazon unit to the North. The first guy also had 2 other packets for my street (which only has 14 houses) as well. In between, I was chatting to my own postie who had Amazon packets for 3 houses in the street, including the house I took in for for both of Amazon's couriers.SpacePhoenix wrote:Maybe you're a very long way from the nearest Amazon depotOzzvaldo wrote:My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.SpacePhoenix wrote:Ozzvaldo wrote:Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.Rural walks or offices?Munchboii wrote:Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazonThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
I've ordered 2 items myself at the same time off Amazon before & they both arrived the next day, at different times, delivered by different drivers.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Amazon Prime Day
Which distribution/fulfilment centre they come from might play a part in that plus the size and weight of the items as wellThatsNotPlumb wrote:I've ordered 2 items myself at the same time off Amazon before & they both arrived the next day, at different times, delivered by different drivers.