ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon Prime Day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Munchboii »

Amazon prime day starts on Tuesday.

I hope we are ready for the chaos this will bring packet wise. If you are in a DO that still delivers amazon contract parcels then please prepare yourselves
Busterbear
Posts: 76
Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Busterbear »

Start on time finish on time . Don’t stress let your Dim do that
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Amazon Prime Day

Post by DGH »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
That's true except when Amazon are very busy and their own drivers can't cope, we often seem to get their excess packets dumped onto us (I presume their algorithm works out what volumes need to go to what delivery companies on any given day)
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Ozzvaldo »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Munchboii »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazon
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.
Munchboii wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazon
Rural walks or offices?
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Ozzvaldo »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.
Munchboii wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazon
Rural walks or offices?
My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.
Munchboii wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazon
Rural walks or offices?
My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.
Maybe you're a very long way from the nearest Amazon depot
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Ozzvaldo »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.
Munchboii wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazon
Rural walks or offices?
My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.
Maybe you're a very long way from the nearest Amazon depot
We're almost equidistant between two of them, approx. 70 miles from each, most of it motorway. I've no idea how they allocate their work. On Friday I took in 2 Amazon packets for my next door neighbour. One arrived at 0945 from the Amazon unit to the South of us, one at 1700 from the Amazon unit to the North. The first guy also had 2 other packets for my street (which only has 14 houses) as well. In between, I was chatting to my own postie who had Amazon packets for 3 houses in the street, including the house I took in for for both of Amazon's couriers.
postiepete2
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Feb 2020, 08:35
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by postiepete2 »

This is the real reason why van share is back on for these tax dodging scumbags Amazon
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by Jpro747 »

Boycott amazon - shop local!
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Not where I work. The amount can vary, but we get plenty of Amazon, big and small, that aren't specials. Sometimes, we get absolutely s**tloads, and that's with other couriers flying about the place with them as well.
Munchboii wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon deliver the vast majority of their own packets/bulk anyway, it seems like nowadays the only Amazon packets/bulk I deliver are specials & even those are scarce.
Where i am, amazon is the majority. Some days its feels like at least a third of my van is amazon
Rural walks or offices?
My office has only got 5 rural duties out of about 55, and one of them is in reality only about 20% rural. The shared van/HCT deliveries in the town get just as many Amazon parcels, proportionally, as the rurals.
Maybe you're a very long way from the nearest Amazon depot
We're almost equidistant between two of them, approx. 70 miles from each, most of it motorway. I've no idea how they allocate their work. On Friday I took in 2 Amazon packets for my next door neighbour. One arrived at 0945 from the Amazon unit to the South of us, one at 1700 from the Amazon unit to the North. The first guy also had 2 other packets for my street (which only has 14 houses) as well. In between, I was chatting to my own postie who had Amazon packets for 3 houses in the street, including the house I took in for for both of Amazon's couriers.
It must just be where you are based, I know for a fact there's an Amazon depo roughly 15-20 miles away from my Royal Mail office & I believe they've opened another recently in an industrial estate only 5 miles or so away.

I've ordered 2 items myself at the same time off Amazon before & they both arrived the next day, at different times, delivered by different drivers.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Amazon Prime Day

Post by SpacePhoenix »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:I've ordered 2 items myself at the same time off Amazon before & they both arrived the next day, at different times, delivered by different drivers.
Which distribution/fulfilment centre they come from might play a part in that plus the size and weight of the items as well