ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Purchase of A/L window

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Purchase of A/L window

Post by Lou84 »

My manager kindly cancelled my purchasing of annual leave last year and I want to restart it this year.
Does anyone know when this option becomes available ?
I spoke to my DOM today, got the normal response :-( apparently hes waiting on an email, its previously been open in October

I will contact HR also
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Purchase of A/L window

Post by ArthurPewty »

Pretty sure it's open now. Doesn't close until ?February? As far as I knew it renews automatically until YOU cancel it, so not sure how your DOM's managed to cancel it!
Either way HR should re-instate it over his head if he's trying to pull a fast one.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Purchase of A/L window

Post by mjd24 »

Is there a way of doing this without having to go through our DOM? Email HR or something?
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Purchase of A/L window

Post by Lou84 »

Thanks, I'll phone HR anyway.

I had loads of outstanding leave after breaking my ankle last year, his quick fix was to cancel purchasing leave to clear the back log.

I thought reinstating it could be an issue with him