ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by POSTMAN »

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dgment.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Streets of gold my arse, what a s**t show. And what a s**t show RM's legal term are.
Try to read through it if you can, I know it's hard but wtf Royal Mail!

The hearing
We were provided with an agreed bundle of 626 pages. We were disappointed with the fact that many relevant documents were not present in the bundle.
The bundle was difficult to navigate because it was not in chronological order.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by ArthurPewty »

I'll openly admit I haven't read every word of the 61 page judgement, but from a scroll through I have drawn some conclusions:
1) RM senior management in London appear to be as much use as a chocolate teapot
2) None of these managers have a clue what is going on in DO's on a daily/weekly basis
3) They don't give a toss about anyone who works for the company, be it DOM's, linos or posties
4) DOM's - Don't hide undelivered D2D's in the office, get rid!
The main take home moral of this tale though is no matter what anyone tells you, don't EVER fall into the trap of thinking this company has your best interests at heart
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by Dorset Plodder »

ArthurPewty wrote: The main take home moral of this tale though is no matter what anyone tells you, don't EVER fall into the trap of thinking this company has your best interests at heart


I always tend to believe that you can do whatever you want when you work for Royal Mail. :thumbup UNTIL something goes wrong .... and then it's always your fault .... and you could end up getting sacked over it! :thumbdown

Witness the ammount of Bumf that DOMs like to hand out saying, "Read This .... And sign this sheet to say you've read it" :no no I always think, "I bet this'll come back to bite me in the arse if I do something wrong".

I always try and cover my back as best I can, but we're all guilty of not complying to one rule or another. The list is endless .... no one would get out of the office, or deliver anything, if we followed them all to the letter (no pun intended) of the law. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by Woody Guthrie »

General rule of thumb is nobody gets sacked for stupidity or incompetence.

You only get sacked for trying to hide the fact that you're stupid and incompetent.
Only dead fish follow the current
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by robbertwhitton »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
ArthurPewty wrote: The main take home moral of this tale though is no matter what anyone tells you, don't EVER fall into the trap of thinking this company has your best interests at heart


I always tend to believe that you can do whatever you want when you work for Royal Mail. :thumbup UNTIL something goes wrong .... and then it's always your fault .... and you could end up getting sacked over it! :thumbdown

Witness the ammount of Bumf that DOMs like to hand out saying, "Read This .... And sign this sheet to say you've read it" :no no I always think, "I bet this'll come back to bite me in the arse if I do something wrong".

I always try and cover my back as best I can, but we're all guilty of not complying to one rule or another. The list is endless .... no one would get out of the office, or deliver anything, if we followed them all to the letter (no pun intended) of the law. :cuppa
Brilliantly summed up my friend! You really couldn’t make this stuff up
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by robbertwhitton »

Woody Guthrie wrote:General rule of thumb is nobody gets sacked for stupidity or incompetence.

You only get sacked for trying to hide the fact that you're stupid and incompetent.
Ha!,, brilliant
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by General Mannerheim »

Although I do feel sorry for what happened to him I'm pretty sure he himself would have hounded posties back to work with mental health problems and stopped their pay if they refused , it's what most of these muppets do. :cuppa
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by clashcityrocker »

8 days at an ET?
How much did that cost?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by POSTMAN »

7 days to chroniclise sp? the bundle?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by clashcityrocker »

If they are going to start sacking managers for D2D failures I could suggest a few names.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by Sugar »

clashcityrocker wrote:If they are going to start sacking managers for D2D failures I could suggest a few names.
And I could add the one that told me that the D2D's that didn't get delivered on my duty (others not doing them) would be okay because they were going to shred them into the secure waste so they wouldn't be traceable.

And I'm not joking either.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Our office now seems to deal with excess D2D's by sticking them all on whatever walks are on lapse and hoping they disappear. Trouble is very few people have time to lapse.

There's one long term lapse walk that seems to have around 25 sets of D2D's on it now..... :crazy: