Sorry for being dense. There are vacent duties up for grabs, quite a few and at the moment im off work. It states that duties are all 1 in 6 rota unless stated. Next to 6 duties it says (1 in 4) but next to two cover duties which is covering four duties it says 1in4 rota.
So does that suggest the single duties have a 1 in 4 saturday but the cover duties mean 4 day week?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?
It basically means Saturdays off , in other words every 4th Saturday or every 6th Saturday.
-
solway16
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 19:08
- Gender: Male
What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?
In relation to this.....is there a definitive guide to Saturday off entitlement?.
I have been a 35 hr floater covering 4 rural duties.
Given this position 18 months ago (never seen any actual job description but advised 1 in 6 off)
4 dutyholders are on a 1 in 4, and refuse to acknowledge I may have any right to a Saturday.
Asked P.I.C. initially and answered "will try and find a spare Saturday now and again" - meaning a couple of times a year when there are 5 Saturdays in a month.
Last month rota gave me a Saturday off............then taken off me because apparently dutyholders demanded their right to Saturday off.
Seems seniority is mistaken for rank in my office.
Is there anything official I can view/download to provide any guidance or clarity regarding this.
Hope to have a word with a manager to discuss, but any help appreciated.
Thanks and apologies for jumping on thread.
I have been a 35 hr floater covering 4 rural duties.
Given this position 18 months ago (never seen any actual job description but advised 1 in 6 off)
4 dutyholders are on a 1 in 4, and refuse to acknowledge I may have any right to a Saturday.
Asked P.I.C. initially and answered "will try and find a spare Saturday now and again" - meaning a couple of times a year when there are 5 Saturdays in a month.
Last month rota gave me a Saturday off............then taken off me because apparently dutyholders demanded their right to Saturday off.
Seems seniority is mistaken for rank in my office.
Is there anything official I can view/download to provide any guidance or clarity regarding this.
Hope to have a word with a manager to discuss, but any help appreciated.
Thanks and apologies for jumping on thread.
-
theotherone
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
- Gender: Male
What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?
Get the rep with you then go and have a word with the manager would be my advice.You'll only get shrugged off otherwise.If you are being treated unfairly or differently to other members of staff that's not right.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?
Are they Full Time Duties your covering ? if yes you being on a 35 Hour contract are know doubt Booking Overtime Every Weeksolway16 wrote:In relation to this.....is there a definitive guide to Saturday off entitlement?.
I have been a 35 hr floater covering 4 rural duties.
Given this position 18 months ago (never seen any actual job description but advised 1 in 6 off)
4 dutyholders are on a 1 in 4, and refuse to acknowledge I may have any right to a Saturday.
Asked P.I.C. initially and answered "will try and find a spare Saturday now and again" - meaning a couple of times a year when there are 5 Saturdays in a month.
Last month rota gave me a Saturday off............then taken off me because apparently dutyholders demanded their right to Saturday off.
Seems seniority is mistaken for rank in my office.
Is there anything official I can view/download to provide any guidance or clarity regarding this.
Hope to have a word with a manager to discuss, but any help appreciated.
Thanks and apologies for jumping on thread.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?
It doesn't really help you now but the likelihood is by April 2022 we will all have every Saturday off work like all those 'have a nice weekend' people do currently.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.