ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Amazon 1pm Specials
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
I did not open them - contents fell out due to the cardboard flap system they use.
First one - a box of 12 half size pencils - I asked the recipient to check their order , expecting their jewellery to have been swopped out - no, it was correct.
Second occasion - drawing pins. Delivered , no comment.
First one - a box of 12 half size pencils - I asked the recipient to check their order , expecting their jewellery to have been swopped out - no, it was correct.
Second occasion - drawing pins. Delivered , no comment.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
pencils and drawing pins? guaranteed by one?!
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
The service has been paid for, it's irrelevant what's in it.
At the moment they're not 1pm specials btw, they have to be delivered by 4pm.
At the moment they're not 1pm specials btw, they have to be delivered by 4pm.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
I thought they were guaranteed by 9?sindba wrote:The service has been paid for, it's irrelevant what's in it.
At the moment they're not 1pm specials btw, they have to be delivered by 4pm.
also, just on a tangent, I've been noticing that those amazon boxes are starting to not be sealed properly by the sender. I had one today that was almost off, they hadn't removed the plastic backing and the box was essentially just a work in progress
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
Was 9pm, it's 4pm from Monday.xPandabear1992x wrote:I thought they were guaranteed by 9?sindba wrote:The service has been paid for, it's irrelevant what's in it.
At the moment they're not 1pm specials btw, they have to be delivered by 4pm.
also, just on a tangent, I've been noticing that those amazon boxes are starting to not be sealed properly by the sender. I had one today that was almost off, they hadn't removed the plastic backing and the box was essentially just a work in progress
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
But not all delivery offices in the UK will change on Monday. Some will stick to the usual times.
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
Amazon 1pm specials.
I feel like they are a trojan horse to overwhelm the special delivery service
In my area during 1st lockdown each rural of 500 calls were taking 30 specials A DAY. Its crazy.
Rumour is that Amazon is going back to shunting lots out back with RM Special Delivery because we are in the 2nd lockdown now.
Christmas is going to be the busiest ever
I feel like they are a trojan horse to overwhelm the special delivery service
In my area during 1st lockdown each rural of 500 calls were taking 30 specials A DAY. Its crazy.
Rumour is that Amazon is going back to shunting lots out back with RM Special Delivery because we are in the 2nd lockdown now.
Christmas is going to be the busiest ever
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
Who cares what’s in them. Get them done and if you don’t have enough time left to finish let the manger worry about it.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
I thought it was that we (RM) are treating all Amazon Prime items as 1pm Specials?
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Amazon 1pm Specials
Take a photo as evidence to cover yourself if it happens again.Bboingg wrote:I did not open them - contents fell out due to the cardboard flap system they use.
First one - a box of 12 half size pencils - I asked the recipient to check their order , expecting their jewellery to have been swopped out - no, it was correct.
Second occasion - drawing pins. Delivered , no comment.
Been done before, offices overrun with free energy saving lightbulbs and idiotic delivery dates for DSA. RM had the sense that time to go to the watchdog and get it sorted.Munchboii wrote:Amazon 1pm specials.
I feel like they are a trojan horse to overwhelm the special delivery service
Rumour is that Amazon is going back to shunting lots out back with RM Special Delivery because we are in the 2nd lockdown now.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Amazon 1pm Specials
Contents is irrelevant. The buyer wants / needs it asap and has therefore paid for the premium service.
You'll get cheap tat sent via SD while expensive designer shoes / clothing sent normal 2nd class parcels. Its all the same to me. I just deliver it.
I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm. Didnt ask when it'll start as we were talking about the new inflight stuff especially the extra scanning needed for specials etc.....boring stuff.
You'll get cheap tat sent via SD while expensive designer shoes / clothing sent normal 2nd class parcels. Its all the same to me. I just deliver it.
I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm. Didnt ask when it'll start as we were talking about the new inflight stuff especially the extra scanning needed for specials etc.....boring stuff.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
Your right it is irrelevant at the moment but in normal times knowing you have to do half your rural backwards to get a pack of drawing pins to someone by 1PM is rather annoying.Route1 wrote:Contents is irrelevant. The buyer wants / needs it asap and has therefore paid for the premium service.
You'll get cheap tat sent via SD while expensive designer shoes / clothing sent normal 2nd class parcels. Its all the same to me. I just deliver it.
I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm. Didnt ask when it'll start as we were talking about the new inflight stuff especially the extra scanning needed for specials etc.....boring stuff.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
It starts today (Monday 28th September). It's on the RM website: https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/sp ... anteed-9am" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Route1 wrote:I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm.
-
antthepost
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 11 Aug 2017, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
Its ok for Royal mail to inform the customers about the change in specials times, but how about telling the workforce
. Not a word from my manager, but nothing new there really only hear from him if he wants to moan.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Amazon 1pm Specials
We heard nothing from the managers in our office today too, antthepost.antthepost wrote:Its ok for Royal mail to inform the customers about the change in specials times, but how about telling the workforce. Not a word from my manager, but nothing new there really only hear from him if he wants to moan.