ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Transfer/Relocation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rickadan
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jul 2020, 15:22
Gender: Male

Royal Mail Transfer/Relocation

Post by Rickadan »

Hello Guys ,

I just want to find out how long does a royal mail transfer usually take because I got a transfer offer from having a chat with one of DOM's in another office that I want to go to. So the DOM contacted my manager that he is willing to take me on. But my manager has said to me that he has to wait for an approval from his boss/area manager for him to put the transfer through. They tried to put to transfer through but apparently the transfer was blocked by HR because I haven't been with the company a year. So i spoke with the area manager , he asked me how long have i been with the company & I've currently been with the company 8 months and he said he will have look into it and he will see what can do. On the royal mail group website it says you have to be with the company for at least 26 weeks before you relocate which I have. So I feel as my office do not want to let me go as i've been waiting for a response for like a month i've been asking my manager a few times but he said his pressuring his boss to put the transfer through as quick as possible. I just don't know whats going on can someone help or have any ideas to why this is happening as i really want to leave the office that i am currently in.

Thanks.
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Royal Mail Transfer/Relocation

Post by 2yearpostie »

I transferred after 9 months, took about 21 days.
Rickadan
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jul 2020, 15:22
Gender: Male

Royal Mail Transfer/Relocation

Post by Rickadan »

2yearpostie wrote:I transferred after 9 months, took about 21 days.
Oh wow, hopefully I get the transfer soon enough then