ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Flu jab?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Flu jab?

Post by luddite »

Can we get a flu jab voucher this year?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Flu jab?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=97379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Flu jab?

Post by luddite »

Brilliant, thanks
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Flu jab?

Post by wazer »

why did it not in Sept not Oct, I'm glad we have it and will have it but my family has already had theres.As so called keyworkers u think we would have had it earlier
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

Flu jab?

Post by sequinn »

I had a voucher last year but was unable to make an appointment on my day off at our local Lloyds pharmacy so went to Tesco. This year I am eligible for a free NHS jab as I’m now 65 and I will be getting it done at Tesco again. Better appointment times and no queuing outside Lloyds Pharmacy.
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

Flu jab?

Post by sequinn »

I had a voucher last year but was unable to make an appointment on my day off at our local Lloyds pharmacy so went to Tesco. This year I am eligible for a free NHS jab as I’m now 65 and I will be getting it done at Tesco again. Better appointment times and no queuing outside Lloyds Pharmacy.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Flu jab?

Post by k979aaa »

sequinn wrote:I had a voucher last year but was unable to make an appointment on my day off at our local Lloyds pharmacy so went to Tesco. This year I am eligible for a free NHS jab as I’m now 65 and I will be getting it done at Tesco again. Better appointment times and no queuing outside Lloyds Pharmacy.
You can get one if your over 50 this year.
kingdazzler
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Mar 2019, 13:29
Gender: Male

Flu jab?

Post by kingdazzler »

i'm getting my jab on Friday at my local pharmacy. i get it free because of health reasons but my wife asked about people over 50 getting the jab for free and the pharmacy knew nothing about it. well organised yet again.
Simon Pettigrew
Posts: 12
Joined: 26 Sep 2019, 19:39
Gender: Male

Flu jab?

Post by Simon Pettigrew »

It's possible the government will announce free for over 50's in November horse gate bolted comes to mind
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

Flu jab?

Post by xPandabear1992x »

just got sent my voucher. I'm 29, fit, and largely healthy. Missing a couple of screws, mind.

did say to the lino "are you saying I'm old?>"
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Flu jab?

Post by luddite »

Don't think there's any chance of getting a jab this year! No where near enough to go round, Boots and Lloyd's have suspended their bookings.
Shambles!
Nicmc1981
Posts: 3
Joined: 01 Jan 2020, 21:40
Gender: Female

Flu jab?

Post by Nicmc1981 »

I got my voucher this morning and just booked online at my local Lloyds pharmacy with no problems
Zicomurphy
Posts: 579
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Flu jab?

Post by Zicomurphy »

Got the letter this morning. It does say it’s for anyone not eligible for a free NHS vaccination. Seeing as they have already said everyone over 50 will be offered a free NHS vaccination this year does that mean a large percentage of the workforce won’t be able to use it?
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Flu jab?

Post by Lou84 »

Got mine thru the post but says you must show Royal Mail ID badge which I don't have, can I just show a payslip and my own ID

I did report my missing ID to my manager several years ago
david3595
Posts: 167
Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40

Flu jab?

Post by david3595 »

We don’t have a Lloyd’s within 35 miles of most of the staff and they don’t want hundreds of us descending on the few Lloyd’s chemists that we have. I phoned Boots and they advised that priority was being given to over 65’s and NOT to book online. :roll: