ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Going on sick after arriving at work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Blinkboy44
Posts: 48
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
Gender: Male

Going on sick after arriving at work

Post by Blinkboy44 »

Hi what are the absence rules regarding going sick once you’ve already been at work for a few hours? Really not feeling well (not Covid related symptoms)

If I leave will it count towards a proper absence? And could I get a stage?

Thanks
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Going on sick after arriving at work

Post by aiden01 »

Blinkboy44 wrote:Hi what are the absence rules regarding going sick once you’ve already been at work for a few hours? Really not feeling well (not Covid related symptoms)

If I leave will it count towards a proper absence? And could I get a stage?

Thanks
If you sign out today an return tommorow it will go down as a part day sick.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Going on sick after arriving at work

Post by Sir Henry »

Not necessarily, depends on the length of attendance and the mood of the screw handling it.
Had a couple of these instances over the years and no absence was marked down for the part day. If it happens too often then it starts appearing as an absence.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Blinkboy44
Posts: 48
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
Gender: Male

Going on sick after arriving at work

Post by Blinkboy44 »

Thanks. I had heard if you attend for over 2 hours it doesn’t go down as anything. But I’m sure if it was a regular ok Occurrence it would count towards something. I’m not sure but I think taking any time off for me will trigger a stage because I took 2 weeks isolation time back in april
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Going on sick after arriving at work

Post by tractorboy2 »

Part day absences are usually discounted from the attendance procedure , unless they become excessive.
I believe you have to be notified in writing if this becomes the case.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Going on sick after arriving at work

Post by number one »

There’s no 2 hour rule. If you attend work then go home it’s a part day absence however it doesn’t count with regards to the attention procedure.