Hi what are the absence rules regarding going sick once you’ve already been at work for a few hours? Really not feeling well (not Covid related symptoms)
If I leave will it count towards a proper absence? And could I get a stage?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Going on sick after arriving at work
-
Blinkboy44
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
- Gender: Male
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Going on sick after arriving at work
If you sign out today an return tommorow it will go down as a part day sick.Blinkboy44 wrote:Hi what are the absence rules regarding going sick once you’ve already been at work for a few hours? Really not feeling well (not Covid related symptoms)
If I leave will it count towards a proper absence? And could I get a stage?
Thanks
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Going on sick after arriving at work
Not necessarily, depends on the length of attendance and the mood of the screw handling it.
Had a couple of these instances over the years and no absence was marked down for the part day. If it happens too often then it starts appearing as an absence.
Had a couple of these instances over the years and no absence was marked down for the part day. If it happens too often then it starts appearing as an absence.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Blinkboy44
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Going on sick after arriving at work
Thanks. I had heard if you attend for over 2 hours it doesn’t go down as anything. But I’m sure if it was a regular ok Occurrence it would count towards something. I’m not sure but I think taking any time off for me will trigger a stage because I took 2 weeks isolation time back in april
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Going on sick after arriving at work
Part day absences are usually discounted from the attendance procedure , unless they become excessive.
I believe you have to be notified in writing if this becomes the case.
I believe you have to be notified in writing if this becomes the case.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Going on sick after arriving at work
There’s no 2 hour rule. If you attend work then go home it’s a part day absence however it doesn’t count with regards to the attention procedure.