ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Automated Clocking

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Automated Clocking

Post by Gold Fox »

Is there any delivery office which has this system? If yes, how is working ? any problem ? everybody happy ?
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by 2yearpostie »

Not in my office, but in the warehouse i worked at before RM, if you were wanted in from 7am-5pm as long as clock in at 6;59 and out at 5;01 there arent any issues its quite normal and simple everywhere apart from rm and nothing to worry about.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by Deadly »

I think some offices already have the hardware installed ready to go.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by worktotime »

i cant see an issues with this to be honest , i have worked at other places that you use to clock in and out , so there was no signing a bit of paper to start and your finish (if they can be bothered ) and you get paid for what you worked , so there was no ghost o/t or deals with managers as this went straight to a wage dept so they was no issues with your wages . :thumbup
afcdibby
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 89
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by afcdibby »

It's the year 2020. Only dinosaurs would object to this.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by matthew68 »

afcdibby wrote:It's the year 2020. Only dinosaurs would object to this.
Well that’s the full timers who finish 2 hours early every day then
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by HTPostman »

I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.

I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Oh no ! So all the Arse kissing is going to stop ?
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

HTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.

I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breeze
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by HTPostman »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
HTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.

I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breeze
Finish time is 3pm, most are done by 2.15, there’s only I reckon 10% who actually finish at 3. I bet other offices finish even earlier.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Zicomurphy
Posts: 579
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by Zicomurphy »

Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.
postmanpat
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Jan 2007, 17:46

Automated Clocking

Post by postmanpat »

Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.

What are 'outdoor performance standards'???
afcdibby
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 89
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by afcdibby »

Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.
Do you start on time and finish on time?
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by worktotime »

HTPostman wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:
HTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.

I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breeze
Finish time is 3pm, most are done by 2.15, there’s only I reckon 10% who actually finish at 3. I bet other offices finish even earlier.
why dont these people go and retry deliver the item they have slipped ? so they finish on time ?
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by worktotime »

Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.
you cant judge everybody on the same level , due to all different stuff , amount of parcels , call rate , attendance calls starting early ( for free ) using the methods , etc , unless everybody is on a level playing field i dont think that would work . its simple work your hours you are paid .