ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
All post is due to go out as normal this week from what ive heard covid isnt an excuse anymore. just hang on in there and hope youve still got a job when this all over.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
Who is due to cover the other 3 daysrealitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
We still have people off due to Covid, for whatever reasons, so short staffed. Can't see things changing in the near future.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
Used to be shared with another postie who retired last year and has never been allocated to anyone, just covered by reserveswallan wrote:Who is due to cover the other 3 daysrealitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
So it was a full time duty now covered on "Job Share " , if vacant for over 6 months should be advertised , how ever at 20 Hrs or less a week may not be many applicantsrealitybites wrote:Used to be shared with another postie who retired last year and has never been allocated to anyone, just covered by reserveswallan wrote:Who is due to cover the other 3 daysrealitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
Last edited by wallan on 03 Sep 2020, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
Yeah it isn't fair. I'm in the same boat. Play them at their own game.realitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
Work to time and go home.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
Yawn2yearpostie wrote:All post is due to go out as normal this week from what ive heard covid isnt an excuse anymore. just hang on in there and hope youve still got a job when this all over.
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
??sindba wrote:Yawn2yearpostie wrote:All post is due to go out as normal this week from what ive heard covid isnt an excuse anymore. just hang on in there and hope youve still got a job when this all over.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
No choice but to do that. I was told don't try and take it all at once do it gradually over my 3 days. So everyone else has a light load while I have a full load for my 3 days.yubin282 wrote:Yeah it isn't fair. I'm in the same boat. Play them at their own game.realitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
Work to time and go home.
Doesn't seem fair somehow.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
It's Royal Mail, it will never be fair.realitybites wrote:No choice but to do that. I was told don't try and take it all at once do it gradually over my 3 days. So everyone else has a light load while I have a full load for my 3 days.yubin282 wrote:Yeah it isn't fair. I'm in the same boat. Play them at their own game.realitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
Work to time and go home.
Doesn't seem fair somehow.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
Similar boat for me, though not as bad as you've got it. I'm coming in each Monday to s**t loads left from Saturday on whatever round I'm dumped on that week, ending up working to my time while watching F/Ters drive past on their way back to the DO at 10:30 am! Short of pushing the HCT back to the office and saying 'if he's going home, I'm going home' not sure what we can do.realitybites wrote:No choice but to do that. I was told don't try and take it all at once do it gradually over my 3 days. So everyone else has a light load while I have a full load for my 3 days.yubin282 wrote:Yeah it isn't fair. I'm in the same boat. Play them at their own game.realitybites wrote:Last 8 to 10 weeks I have come in to 2 or 3 days mail left from the past 2 3 days. I do 3 days a week but since Covid my walk is always left. There are probably 2 or 3 walks left regularly but one is always mine. I know people are going to say work to your time but I don't think it is fair to constantly have such a heavy workload when on a Monday, latelt, there is barely enough post to fill half a bag and I have 6 plus parcels left as well (minus tracked that do get taken out). I have brought this up with my rep and he agrees but still it continues. Is there anything I can do or just have to suffer.
Work to time and go home.
Doesn't seem fair somehow.
I've said in another thread, I'm fed up with all this. I've slowed myself down since COVID/no O/T happened, and now leave a shed load of mail in the frame every day. If the DOM ain't going to share the work out, I'm buggered if I'm breaking my balls to solve his problem for him
-
josetork
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 04 Nov 2019, 05:48
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
I’m the same pal, I’m a Part Time Reserve. I’m always down on the rota to do a walk etc but then walk in everyday to get put on whatever walk hasn’t been out the previous day, or even two, or three days. Occasionally I get what is an easy day in that it’s a single days worth of mail, but most of the time it’s a good old shafting! To compound matters, half the time I’m put on walks I don’t even know. Done around 20-25 different walks during Covid most of the time with double or triple mail. I have tried to appeal to the better nature of my managers but tbh I don’t think they really give a s***! I guess their general attitude is your bottom of the pile in terms of ‘Seniority’ so tough! I’m happy that I’ve learnt plenty of walks and some of my colleagues have been extremely helpful in telling me where to park etc and how best to do them, but I’m absolutely knackered and becoming more and more pissed off with what I deem to be an unfair situation.
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
josetork wrote:I’m the same pal, I’m a Part Time Reserve. I’m always down on the rota to do a walk etc but then walk in everyday to get put on whatever walk hasn’t been out the previous day, or even two, or three days. Occasionally I get what is an easy day in that it’s a single days worth of mail, but most of the time it’s a good old shafting! To compound matters, half the time I’m put on walks I don’t even know. Done around 20-25 different walks during Covid most of the time with double or triple mail. I have tried to appeal to the better nature of my managers but tbh I don’t think they really give a s***! I guess their general attitude is your bottom of the pile in terms of ‘Seniority’ so tough! I’m happy that I’ve learnt plenty of walks and some of my colleagues have been extremely helpful in telling me where to park etc and how best to do them, but I’m absolutely knackered and becoming more and more pissed off with what I deem to be an unfair situation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54009484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Double/Triple mail on a Monday
What's Amazon hiring got to do with wanting a fair workload in RM?2yearpostie wrote:josetork wrote:I’m the same pal, I’m a Part Time Reserve. I’m always down on the rota to do a walk etc but then walk in everyday to get put on whatever walk hasn’t been out the previous day, or even two, or three days. Occasionally I get what is an easy day in that it’s a single days worth of mail, but most of the time it’s a good old shafting! To compound matters, half the time I’m put on walks I don’t even know. Done around 20-25 different walks during Covid most of the time with double or triple mail. I have tried to appeal to the better nature of my managers but tbh I don’t think they really give a s***! I guess their general attitude is your bottom of the pile in terms of ‘Seniority’ so tough! I’m happy that I’ve learnt plenty of walks and some of my colleagues have been extremely helpful in telling me where to park etc and how best to do them, but I’m absolutely knackered and becoming more and more pissed off with what I deem to be an unfair situation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54009484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;