As we know the footwear choices are pretty bad , just wondered if anyone can recommend some trainers or low shoes for doing our job?
Ideally a little water resistant and low to the ground!
Many thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Footwear recommendations
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
silver_fox wrote:As we know the footwear choices are pretty bad , just wondered if anyone can recommend some trainers or low shoes for doing our job?
Ideally a little water resistant and low to the ground!
Many thanks
All footwear are low to the ground very low.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
not really a recommendation but this summer is the 1st time in many years ive worn my own trainers
got a pair of black leather reebok and for the 1st time in many years my feet arnt killing me
got a pair of black leather reebok and for the 1st time in many years my feet arnt killing me
-
bucks123
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 20 Mar 2020, 05:35
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
I have been wearing karrimor summit walking shoes for a while now.
They only last a few months but are not expensive, look smart and have fairly good grip. I could not wear any of the RM shoes as they were all giving me grief. I got a doctor's note so RM cover the cost.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... oes-183013
They only last a few months but are not expensive, look smart and have fairly good grip. I could not wear any of the RM shoes as they were all giving me grief. I got a doctor's note so RM cover the cost.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... oes-183013
-
Jahpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 318
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
Nike revolution trainers are what I buy.
-
silver_fox
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
Thanks , any links to the Nike/ Reebok?
When I mean low I just mean not having big heels like the RM issue shoes have.
Plus a little water resistance as it's hard to avoid wet grass some days.
The karrimors look alright , may pop to sports direct and try them.
When I mean low I just mean not having big heels like the RM issue shoes have.
Plus a little water resistance as it's hard to avoid wet grass some days.
The karrimors look alright , may pop to sports direct and try them.
-
Trolleyvanman
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 25 May 2020, 21:08
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
Been using these for 3 years now,found them the best for comfort and wear,good valuebucks123 wrote:I have been wearing karrimor summit walking shoes for a while now.
They only last a few months but are not expensive, look smart and have fairly good grip. I could not wear any of the RM shoes as they were all giving me grief. I got a doctor's note so RM cover the cost.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... oes-183013
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
I was in my local Sports Direct a couple of weeks ago and there were signs up saying you weren't allowed to try clothes on. I'm not sure if this included trainers or not but it could be a problem if you can't try them on.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Footwear recommendations
You can try the shoes/trainers on in there. I got some last week and tried them on first.Ricardo44 wrote:I was in my local Sports Direct a couple of weeks ago and there were signs up saying you weren't allowed to try clothes on. I'm not sure if this included trainers or not but it could be a problem if you can't try them on.