ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you have the bollocks?
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
So, tomorrow, being put on a walk that's notoriously hard (though one i know). Thing is, it didn't go out today so will be doubly savage. People tell me to cut off but I can't handle the management bullying (ie. So and so never complains, that sort of thing) I'm knocking on a bit but am still a fit as f**k 9 stone fella. What to do?
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
Urchoice pal,make ur bed and lie in it for the future or stand up for urself
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
yeah you're rightCiderboy1957 wrote:Urchoice pal,make ur bed and lie in it for the future or stand up for urself
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
What are you scared of? You can’t lose your job if you follow the cut off procedure correctly. They can’t force you over your time. Just ignore the comments about so and so can do it why can’t you. Simply walk away, and proceed to cut off.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
Involve your rep from the very start so they can keep an eye on proceedings. An ally and a witness.
The over running delivery procedure is a total dumpster fire for those unused to it.
The over running delivery procedure is a total dumpster fire for those unused to it.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
Im not sure what your manager is like but my tact is usually to be open and honest
“Gaff, I’ll do my best but I’m not going to clear today. What should I prioritise?”
The response is usually to clear tracked and specials and bring back what’s left.
“Gaff, I’ll do my best but I’m not going to clear today. What should I prioritise?”
The response is usually to clear tracked and specials and bring back what’s left.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Do you have the bollocks?
To be fair even if it’s double mail your going there anyway?
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
Depends on the duty. A rural delivery making single drops won’t be affected as much as a town duty with many loops where a LWT will soon become full with extra bundlestwoloops wrote:To be fair even if it’s double mail your going there anyway?
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
Keep an eye on your pouch weights and split up loops if necessary ! There's some good advice in the posts above and my advice would be to do your best, work methodically and conscientiously...and see how you get on !
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
In all honesty, I can rarely be arsed.
I'm too ground down by the bullying, the threats, "we'll have to look at your outdoor actuals, x managed it in your day off"
Depends what kind of day I'm having really. It shouldn't have to be like this though.
I'm too ground down by the bullying, the threats, "we'll have to look at your outdoor actuals, x managed it in your day off"
Depends what kind of day I'm having really. It shouldn't have to be like this though.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
From time to time you see mentions of there being no scales in a DO. If every DO had an accessible set of scales, what % of staff would actually bother checking the weights of their pouches?Decky Boy wrote:Keep an eye on your pouch weights and split up loops if necessary ! There's some good advice in the posts above and my advice would be to do your best, work methodically and conscientiously...and see how you get on !
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Do you have the bollocks?
You seem very concerned about people in the delivery function not doing the job right, are you planning a transfer?SpacePhoenix wrote:From time to time you see mentions of there being no scales in a DO. If every DO had an accessible set of scales, what % of staff would actually bother checking the weights of their pouches?Decky Boy wrote:Keep an eye on your pouch weights and split up loops if necessary ! There's some good advice in the posts above and my advice would be to do your best, work methodically and conscientiously...and see how you get on !
To answer the question, when we had them we had to record the bag weights so I guess between 75% and 100%
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Do you have the bollocks?
Not planning a transfer. Long-term deliveries will probably be where the only jobs are in RM as more and more MC functions get automatedTrueBlueTerrier wrote:You seem very concerned about people in the delivery function not doing the job right, are you planning a transfer?