What is right.
Does lapse take priority over your actual duty/round.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapse again
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
If your manager say so it is.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Lapse again
That"s what we are being told every day.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Lapse again
Ask ask your manager each and every day tell them you don't think you can complete ask them to make the decisions it will really piss them off.Redacer wrote:What is right.
Does lapse take priority over your actual duty/round.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
Yep that’s what we’ve been told do the lapse and bring back the letters for the round your on ensuring all specials and tracked are done!. Remember when lapsing was first agreed and was supposed to be work to fill your hours during the quiet summer period. Now that agreement is abused by RM and they lapse to cover short staffing, sickness or whatever else throughout the whole year.
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
Lapsing should only be done, if you have time within your duty time and not instead of your duty, an abuse of the managers power it would seem, if you have,nt got time to lapse, how can the manager argue it should be done instead of your own duty, absolutely beyond me, that argument!!!
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
100% incorrect, lapsing is done when you are told to do it by your manager.osgoody1970 wrote:Lapsing should only be done, if you have time within your duty time and not instead of your duty, an abuse of the managers power it would seem, if you have,nt got time to lapse, how can the manager argue it should be done instead of your own duty, absolutely beyond me, that argument!!!
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
Absolutely wrong, lapsing should only be done if you have time within your duty time, that’s the way the union wanted it to happen of course managers are using it to suit their own needs!!! But I would have a field day with any manager who tried to tell me to leave my own work and I would win the argument!!
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
You can not refuse to do a reasonable request from your manager its sackable if you do, lapsing is reasonable telling you to bring back work on your walk is reasonable it means you are less likely to go slow because you have to do what you bring back the next day. Any mail not going out should be done first the next day so you dont get a build up of undelivered mail. Tracked and SD take priority they must be done on Lapsing and your own walk even if it means bringing more back. Of course managers manage so some will do things differently its up to them we just do our best to deliver the work we get or in some cases wine and moan for 20 mins and bring back 15 mins of work.osgoody1970 wrote:Absolutely wrong, lapsing should only be done if you have time within your duty time, that’s the way the union wanted it to happen of course managers are using it to suit their own needs!!! But I would have a field day with any manager who tried to tell me to leave my own work and I would win the argument!!
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
I had to do a course to understand this lapsing when it first came out, rule no 1, the rep and the manager had to have a meeting for both to understand the figures for the traffic coming into the office, no meeting meant no lapsing, rule no2, if they fiddled the figures( surely not) and you had no time to do the lapsing, another meeting took place between the delay postman, rep and manager to explain, how they have got to this point, if the dely postman still does,nt agree, it goes upstairs to the area rep and area manager, this is how lapsing was meant to be done, sadly we all know managers are under extreme pressure to lapse and going under the guise of a reasonable request does,nt wash with me, you either have time to lapse or you don,t, it should,nt come down to someone going sick!!!
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
I always refuse to do lapsing, I say to the DOM I prefer to have a meal relief.
It pisses the DOM off and the runners who come in early have to do it when they get back
It pisses the DOM off and the runners who come in early have to do it when they get back
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Lapse again
If the boss tells me to do the lapsing, that's fine by me. Above and beyond what I'm already having to leave (P/Ter) I'll just leave an extra amount equivalent to the lapsing. It's not rocket science. I suppose being P/T and not 'owning' a round, the emotional blackmail/pressure to keep on top of the work on the round isn't like it would be for a F/T on their own round. As far as I'm concerned if the mail is piling up gradually day by day it's his problem not mine. I'm not busting a gut to catch up when there's no overtime just so he can pocket a bigger bonus! And any jip from the round holder the next day I just tell them I've worked my hours, I've worked hard and if they think I can deliver 4.5 hours worth of mail in 3.5 hours (or less: 4.5 hour work day, minus lapsing, minus re-di's, minus bundling up, minus getting out and back to round start/finish) they might need to think again.