ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
My bundle
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
My bundle
Was just looking at some of the offer on my bundle and they have a pcworld one were you load up vouchers and can get either 7% or 8% off, can you use both these to get 15% off, because if you can I will def use it, or am I missing something.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
My bundle
dohnut wrote:Was just looking at some of the offer on my bundle and they have a pcworld one were you load up vouchers and can get either 7% or 8% off, can you use both these to get 15% off, because if you can I will def use it, or am I missing something.
I think you're missing something....
You have to load the vouchers with a monetary value eg £100 - you'll actually pay £93 (7% off) or £92 (8% off) - that's how you get the discount. It's not buying a card
that just gets you 7% or 8% off without an amount specified.
So if you buy one of each, each with a value of £100 and your item costs £200 and you apply both vouchers you'll actually end up paying £185 which is 7.5% off not 15%.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
My bundle
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.yellowbelly wrote:dohnut wrote:Was just looking at some of the offer on my bundle and they have a pcworld one were you load up vouchers and can get either 7% or 8% off, can you use both these to get 15% off, because if you can I will def use it, or am I missing something.
I think you're missing something....
You have to load the vouchers with a monetary value eg £100 - you'll actually pay £93 (7% off) or £92 (8% off) - that's how you get the discount. It's not buying a card
that just gets you 7% or 8% off without an amount specified.
So if you buy one of each, each with a value of £100 and your item costs £200 and you apply both vouchers you'll actually end up paying £185 which is 7.5% off not 15%.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
My bundle
I doubt it.dohnut wrote:yellowbelly wrote:dohnut wrote:
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
Have you tried doing a general search for the specific model you're after?
I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match the MyBundle 'discounted' price elsewhere.
-
Steve_claret
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 324
- Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
- Gender: Male
My bundle
And don't forget to factor in the HMRC tax demand at the end of the tax year.wacko74 wrote:I doubt it.dohnut wrote:yellowbelly wrote:dohnut wrote:
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
Have you tried doing a general search for the specific model you're after?
I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match the MyBundle 'discounted' price elsewhere.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
My bundle
That's not applicable in the scenario the OP is referring to (using a voucher with Currys), you're buying a voucher usingSteve_claret wrote:And don't forget to factor in the HMRC tax demand at the end of the tax year.wacko74 wrote:I doubt it.dohnut wrote:yellowbelly wrote:dohnut wrote:
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
Have you tried doing a general search for the specific model you're after?
I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match the MyBundle 'discounted' price elsewhere.
a credit/debit card from your bank account - it's not funded from your pre-tax pay.
-
Steve_claret
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 324
- Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
- Gender: Male
My bundle
Yes, you are correct. Vouchers are exempt. Unlike laptops and mobile phones which affect your following years tax codes.yellowbelly wrote:
That's not applicable in the scenario the OP is referring to (using a voucher with Currys), you're buying a voucher using
a credit/debit card from your bank account - it's not funded from your pre-tax pay.