ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

My bundle

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by dohnut »

Was just looking at some of the offer on my bundle and they have a pcworld one were you load up vouchers and can get either 7% or 8% off, can you use both these to get 15% off, because if you can I will def use it, or am I missing something.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by yellowbelly »

dohnut wrote:Was just looking at some of the offer on my bundle and they have a pcworld one were you load up vouchers and can get either 7% or 8% off, can you use both these to get 15% off, because if you can I will def use it, or am I missing something.

I think you're missing something....

You have to load the vouchers with a monetary value eg £100 - you'll actually pay £93 (7% off) or £92 (8% off) - that's how you get the discount. It's not buying a card
that just gets you 7% or 8% off without an amount specified.

So if you buy one of each, each with a value of £100 and your item costs £200 and you apply both vouchers you'll actually end up paying £185 which is 7.5% off not 15%.
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by dohnut »

yellowbelly wrote:
dohnut wrote:Was just looking at some of the offer on my bundle and they have a pcworld one were you load up vouchers and can get either 7% or 8% off, can you use both these to get 15% off, because if you can I will def use it, or am I missing something.

I think you're missing something....

You have to load the vouchers with a monetary value eg £100 - you'll actually pay £93 (7% off) or £92 (8% off) - that's how you get the discount. It's not buying a card
that just gets you 7% or 8% off without an amount specified.

So if you buy one of each, each with a value of £100 and your item costs £200 and you apply both vouchers you'll actually end up paying £185 which is 7.5% off not 15%.
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by wacko74 »

dohnut wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
dohnut wrote:
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
I doubt it.

Have you tried doing a general search for the specific model you're after?

I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match the MyBundle 'discounted' price elsewhere.
Steve_claret
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 324
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by Steve_claret »

wacko74 wrote:
dohnut wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
dohnut wrote:
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
I doubt it.

Have you tried doing a general search for the specific model you're after?

I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match the MyBundle 'discounted' price elsewhere.
And don't forget to factor in the HMRC tax demand at the end of the tax year.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by yellowbelly »

Steve_claret wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
dohnut wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
dohnut wrote:
Thanks, still decent deal though yeah?.
I doubt it.

Have you tried doing a general search for the specific model you're after?

I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match the MyBundle 'discounted' price elsewhere.
And don't forget to factor in the HMRC tax demand at the end of the tax year.
That's not applicable in the scenario the OP is referring to (using a voucher with Currys), you're buying a voucher using
a credit/debit card from your bank account - it's not funded from your pre-tax pay.
Steve_claret
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 324
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
Gender: Male

My bundle

Post by Steve_claret »

yellowbelly wrote:
That's not applicable in the scenario the OP is referring to (using a voucher with Currys), you're buying a voucher using
a credit/debit card from your bank account - it's not funded from your pre-tax pay.
Yes, you are correct. Vouchers are exempt. Unlike laptops and mobile phones which affect your following years tax codes.