Currently off with stress due to an incident at work. An investigation is currently on going and it is causing my high levels of anxiety and general stress.
Ive had a sick not to cover me for two weeks and will be getting another one today that should hopefully cover me until the investigation is over.
How often do I need to be in contact with my line manager? My area manager knows why I’m currently off and has requested my line managers don’t try and ask about what’s happening.
My line managers are usually gone by two o clock so I end up just having to slide my sick note under their door.
Do I need to contact them to let them know I’m getting another sick note? The whole thing isn’t helping me at all and just adding to the stress.
To sum up; bosses never at work when I hand my sick notes in, how often do I need to contact them while off as I’ve already had three weeks off with stress?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Off with stress, what do I do?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Off with stress, what do I do?
If you are in contact with a higher level manager, as you indicate in your post, then beyond sending your line manager/DOM a Fit note then you do not need to contact them directly.
But I would recommend keeping the senior manager informed if he has agreed a plan with you. Perhaps contact by email to them every few weeks or so.
But I would recommend keeping the senior manager informed if he has agreed a plan with you. Perhaps contact by email to them every few weeks or so.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Ianwee
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 27 Sep 2019, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Off with stress, what do I do?
Thank you for the reply!
I spoke with my union rep (he knows the situation) and he’s said to just hand in the note and contact them at some point in the week to just say that I’m following my doctors advice.
I spoke with my union rep (he knows the situation) and he’s said to just hand in the note and contact them at some point in the week to just say that I’m following my doctors advice.