ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Morale
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Morale
We have plenty of morale in our office,sadly though it’s a tad on the low side,office banter just about keeps us sane,in a well divided office,half are the bosses minions who are blinkered to think that there early starts and finishing is going to last forever,while us others start and work to time to keep the average time up so as to not rock the already sinking boat,inconsistency and lack of leadership reign supreme ,but maybe it’s me just been here too long,and get somewhat deflated at the horror stories on this chat.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Morale
If the virus hadn't caused load of job losses I'd be gone by now. As it is I'm just about hanging on.
At the moment I'm worried about getting another job, but there all be a point where the risk is worth it.
At the moment I'm worried about getting another job, but there all be a point where the risk is worth it.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Morale
As low as it gets in our office. Coming in to two or three days worth of mail. Slaughtered with packets. Lapsing. Daily arguments with manager over workload, many are pressured into working over. Social distancing impossible. I despise going in now. I’m guessing it’s all being done on purpose to force out the old full timers.
-
enzio1272
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 24 Apr 2018, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Morale
Can’t say for every where, but I believe that morale has been dropping for a long while now.
The issue that Concerns me the most is the divide of staff.
I never known I bigger split in those that want to and accept that this is just a job and just work there time most days and then there are ones who feel the need to start early and basically run round all the time.
Both groups resent the other and this causes unrest.
The ones who just want to work there time constantly being compared by mangers to people who start up to 30 minutes early and willing to work there break.
On the other side the others feel that they need to start before there time to cope with mangers demands on there work time.
When realistically the mangers are the only ones winning.
Though this is just my thoughts though.
The issue that Concerns me the most is the divide of staff.
I never known I bigger split in those that want to and accept that this is just a job and just work there time most days and then there are ones who feel the need to start early and basically run round all the time.
Both groups resent the other and this causes unrest.
The ones who just want to work there time constantly being compared by mangers to people who start up to 30 minutes early and willing to work there break.
On the other side the others feel that they need to start before there time to cope with mangers demands on there work time.
When realistically the mangers are the only ones winning.
Though this is just my thoughts though.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Morale
That’s a shame. It’s better I have learnt to just roll with the punches.noggin1969 wrote:Well that was the 3rd resignation of the week this morning. Followed the usual non RM approved standard of " Stick your f*****g job up your a**e " procedure. I know RM don't care as it just cuts the head count. But how bad has morale got to be in this economic climate for people to just blow and jack it in ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Morale
Yes its a good job and I still enjoy it. But the company is being run really badly at the top. Look what is happening in Brutish Airways at the moment as regards how they treat their staff - they haven't been treating their customers fairly either in recent times. The guy in charge of RM is connected with the current ideology in BA as regards staff/company relations. Staff morale in RM has been in the gutter for as long as I can remember. I don't foresee that changing any time soon.HA1 wrote:If people want to leave let them. The job is a good job, just lazy people don’t want to work.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Morale
I would not call this a good job anymore but it is a job and if managers who castigate their staff and bully them the best thing you can do is drag them down as well with you we all know piss poor managers so I condone this action.
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Moral
One of the biggest problems in RM is that people for some odd reason are so bothered about what others are doing or not doing, it is a constant stream from some people. They seem to work themselves up into a right stew over piddly little things, by the time they’ve gone round to their mates to whisper their views into each other’s ears they’ve wound themselves right up. A lot of the time I’m sure it’s a smokescreen, if you make a big enough fuss about others it hides what you’re really up to yourself. Wonder if other workplaces are so bad for this.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Morale
HA1 wrote:If people want to leave let them. The job is a good job, just lazy people don’t want to work.
.... and trolls will be trolls.
An easy way to spot them is when they make sweeping statements without qualifying or explaining their position, its almost as though getting a reaction is the reason for posting, rather than wanting to debate an interesting topic.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.