ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick line

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rodtheplod
Posts: 20
Joined: 04 Apr 2017, 14:33
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by rodtheplod »

Is it Royal Mail policy for staff to have to hand an official doctors sick line in person i.e. take it into the office.
I find it strange if it is.
I have a manager that is telling me that I have to take it in rather than post it in.
On a side line, despite him being asked to call my mobile he calls my house phone. Is this him checking I'm home, and if so why?
thefox
Posts: 1192
Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by thefox »

My wife handed mines in no probs from gaffer
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Send it by post :Very Happy
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by noggin1969 »

I have a manager that is telling me that I have to take it in rather than post it in.
Last edited by noggin1969 on 01 Feb 2024, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Our local doctors only does them atm by mobile or email. They're not issuing printed copies
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep,got mine sent to my phone by my gp,forward it on to my boss,simple.got a copy printed off to keep for reference.yet another manager living in cuckoo land.
Ianwee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Sep 2019, 13:41
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by Ianwee »

What contact do I have to maintain while off with a sick note?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Sick line

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Ianwee wrote:What contact do I have to maintain while off with a sick note?
An agreed level. Fuller answer will be posted in your other thread.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.