ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas??
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Not that I really care, just idle curiosity really, but I wonder if our glorious leaders have any plans in place to deal with Christmas given that we (at least in our office) are still having Christmas levels of pkts and parcels as the 'new normal'
As far as I can see they're going to have to provide every individual round with a Transit size van and rely on the goodwill of every postie to be staying out until at least 6pm every day based on the current pkt volumes and finish times.
As far as I can see they're going to have to provide every individual round with a Transit size van and rely on the goodwill of every postie to be staying out until at least 6pm every day based on the current pkt volumes and finish times.
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Goodwill. GOODWILL?? Goodwill gone!!!
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Christmas??
The fun & games usually start in September at our DO. Especially with the amount of people who are now on monthly pay. Add in the facts that hardly anyone is holidaying abroad this year or visiting shopping centres & you start to wonder what kind of chaos awaits?
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Start time , finish time , home time and don’t forget your breaks , jobs a goodun .
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Christmas??
Packet levels are dropping slightly now , mail level staring to rise a little.
They need to kick van shares out the window and design duty's at local level now for one to a van and more hct trolleys in a certain radius before the autumn pressure and Christmas.
The biggest problem is how Royal mail want this to pan out,because of parcel hubs and what's going to happen to the USO.
They need to kick van shares out the window and design duty's at local level now for one to a van and more hct trolleys in a certain radius before the autumn pressure and Christmas.
The biggest problem is how Royal mail want this to pan out,because of parcel hubs and what's going to happen to the USO.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Christmas??
All the people on here finishing 2 hours early several times a week, no offence, but how are you going to explain leaving bags of mail etc at Christmas?
Let's face it. Nothing is going to be 'fixed'.
Drivers are going to keep getting stiffed with a hugely unmanageable share of the workload - in our office anyway. We've just rewound 10-15 years for the passenger loops and fast forwarded 3-4 years for the drivers loops.
People will continue to use their cars.
Management will continue to bully and harass those they think they can bleed some more work out of.
The union/management will throw a magic bubble around offices in parts of London and design change around them - whilst the majority of us will be told to 'make it work'. Go back to top and repeat.
I'm going to be posting far less on here from now on (hurrah I hear some say), as I'm sick of pretty much all aspects of the job and what I constantly see staff in my place do to others to get their way. I could give some corking examples, but you probably wouldn't believe me.
Cheerio.
Let's face it. Nothing is going to be 'fixed'.
Drivers are going to keep getting stiffed with a hugely unmanageable share of the workload - in our office anyway. We've just rewound 10-15 years for the passenger loops and fast forwarded 3-4 years for the drivers loops.
People will continue to use their cars.
Management will continue to bully and harass those they think they can bleed some more work out of.
The union/management will throw a magic bubble around offices in parts of London and design change around them - whilst the majority of us will be told to 'make it work'. Go back to top and repeat.
I'm going to be posting far less on here from now on (hurrah I hear some say), as I'm sick of pretty much all aspects of the job and what I constantly see staff in my place do to others to get their way. I could give some corking examples, but you probably wouldn't believe me.
Cheerio.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Christmas??
Oh yes we would.Cucumber wrote: I could give some corking examples, but you probably wouldn't believe me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Christmas??
Probably see similar at our place most days.Cucumber wrote: and what I constantly see staff in my place do to others to get their way. I could give some corking examples, but you probably wouldn't believe me.
Cheerio.
As I posted the other day, there are far too many people at RM that would rather get one over on a colleague than act like the grown up adult that they are supposed to be.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Christmas??
The way is been recently they will try and get away with NO overtime and say that the packets will drop off over christmas.wacko74 wrote:Not that I really care, just idle curiosity really, but I wonder if our glorious leaders have any plans in place to deal with Christmas given that we (at least in our office) are still having Christmas levels of pkts and parcels as the 'new normal'
As far as I can see they're going to have to provide every individual round with a Transit size van and rely on the goodwill of every postie to be staying out until at least 6pm every day based on the current pkt volumes and finish times.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
And as usual we'll be getting harrased to take take lapsing until 15th Decemeber or thereabouts.
"It's not that heavy" "x can do it on your day off" "can you just take a bit of it" "you're too slow, we'll have to check your PDA Actuals"
"It's not that heavy" "x can do it on your day off" "can you just take a bit of it" "you're too slow, we'll have to check your PDA Actuals"
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Guys we all know they will be surprised when its December again!
-
panzer4
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 173
- Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Yes every year the same Christmas always comes as a surprise 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Sometime between now and Xmas we will hear the results of the negotiations between RM & the union and RM and the regulator. We will have more of an idea how much **** is coming our way soon.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Yep, I'm pretty sure we are going to get shafted sideways despite what the union says.Celgar wrote:Sometime between now and Xmas we will hear the results of the negotiations between RM & the union and RM and the regulator. We will have more of an idea how much **** is coming our way soon.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Christmas??
Dont forget we are getting BIGGER parcels as well, some even fill a quarter of the van out, plus the Boots drug boxes and other Parcelforce parcels .
Like to see how we are going to fit these in over Christmas.
Plus how is the sorting going to happen if half the workforce are coming in afternoon deliveries?
People are going out on the afternoon deliveries at 2pm due to no van sharing, what time will the vans be going out in the afternoons with the morning crew getting back later?
Like to see how we are going to fit these in over Christmas.
Plus how is the sorting going to happen if half the workforce are coming in afternoon deliveries?
People are going out on the afternoon deliveries at 2pm due to no van sharing, what time will the vans be going out in the afternoons with the morning crew getting back later?