ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When is an accident, not an accident at all, or even a near miss?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

When is an accident, not an accident at all, or even a near miss?

Post by POSTMAN »

Our Stoke MDEC wrapped in cotton wool colleagues...
Image
:funneh Individual knocked right knee on drawer under desk! :left:
The team at Stoke Manual Data Entry Centre (MDEC) are celebrating having achieved 2,000 accident-free days.
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/07/accident-free" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

When is an accident, not an accident at all, or even a near miss?

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Definition of an accident is "an unplanned " event .Royal Mail managers will investigate an see if OPG is in any way to blame , therefore if they seem it blameworthy any time of will be recorded as sick.
I have personal experience of this , few years back it had rained for 48 hrs nonstop , walking towards a firm.on a very slight slope I slipped injured my knee , 2 weeks off , Area H@S manager investigation concluded even though I was wearing proper Royal mail footwear , I was culpable because " I was not wearing the proper issue hi vis raincoat , stage 2 issued , if they want to pin it on OPG , they will find a way , c__ts
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

When is an accident, not an accident at all, or even a near miss?

Post by k979aaa »

No accidents are apart of the bonus culture so endemic is it they just put them down as incidents!