ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Slinging us to another depot

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ianwee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Sep 2019, 13:41
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by Ianwee »

A depot near mine has had to be covered by us. Due to coronavirus and isolating they have either no staff or next to no staff.

Our depot has been sending over staff to help out, however, I want to know if I have to go if asked? It’s a nearly two hour round journey and after loading and sorting it seems almost pointless in going.

Obviously it’s great to get paid for a full day with only a couple of actual hours work but with the stress of getting there and figuring where you’re going out I’d rather just stick to the devil I know.
theotherone
Posts: 430
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by theotherone »

I think technically there is not much you can do really.You just do the job as directed and they would deem it a reasonable request.
Of course it's total bull but I don't think there is much officially you could do to refuse.
Obviously you make sure they provide transport to and from etc etc
Last edited by theotherone on 02 Jul 2020, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by Acca Dacca »

I dont think you can refuse no as long as they are providing a van for you

sounds great if you stick to your start and finishing times
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by scoobydo79 »

I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.
theotherone
Posts: 430
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by theotherone »

scoobydo79 wrote:I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.
Pah RM aren't bothered about minor details like that!!
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Slinging us to another depot

Post by Cucumber »

scoobydo79 wrote:I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.
I wonder if they change the delivery bags that infected people have been using. I'd wager not.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by Postie45 »

Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Slinging us to another depot

Post by twoloops »

Just roll up on your push bike at your normal office, they will not give a van to go & no van sharing :left:
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by cpsteve »

Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by rambo1 »

cpsteve wrote:
Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.
I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Slinging us to another depot

Post by cpsteve »

rambo1 wrote:
cpsteve wrote:
Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.
I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!
Has there been an outbreak at an office? i know there has been the odd case here and there but not an outbreak like the meat processing plants if so that would be good reason to refuse.
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Slinging us to another depot

Post by Cucumber »

cpsteve wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
cpsteve wrote:
Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.
I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!
Has there been an outbreak at an office? i know there has been the odd case here and there but not an outbreak like the meat processing plants if so that would be good reason to refuse.
Theres been at least 3 offices with 5-6 cases.