A depot near mine has had to be covered by us. Due to coronavirus and isolating they have either no staff or next to no staff.
Our depot has been sending over staff to help out, however, I want to know if I have to go if asked? It’s a nearly two hour round journey and after loading and sorting it seems almost pointless in going.
Obviously it’s great to get paid for a full day with only a couple of actual hours work but with the stress of getting there and figuring where you’re going out I’d rather just stick to the devil I know.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Slinging us to another depot
-
theotherone
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
I think technically there is not much you can do really.You just do the job as directed and they would deem it a reasonable request.
Of course it's total bull but I don't think there is much officially you could do to refuse.
Obviously you make sure they provide transport to and from etc etc
Of course it's total bull but I don't think there is much officially you could do to refuse.
Obviously you make sure they provide transport to and from etc etc
Last edited by theotherone on 02 Jul 2020, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
I dont think you can refuse no as long as they are providing a van for you
sounds great if you stick to your start and finishing times
sounds great if you stick to your start and finishing times
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.
-
theotherone
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
Pah RM aren't bothered about minor details like that!!scoobydo79 wrote:I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Slinging us to another depot
I wonder if they change the delivery bags that infected people have been using. I'd wager not.scoobydo79 wrote:I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Slinging us to another depot
Just roll up on your push bike at your normal office, they will not give a van to go & no van sharing 
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!cpsteve wrote:I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Slinging us to another depot
Has there been an outbreak at an office? i know there has been the odd case here and there but not an outbreak like the meat processing plants if so that would be good reason to refuse.rambo1 wrote:I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!cpsteve wrote:I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Slinging us to another depot
Theres been at least 3 offices with 5-6 cases.cpsteve wrote:Has there been an outbreak at an office? i know there has been the odd case here and there but not an outbreak like the meat processing plants if so that would be good reason to refuse.rambo1 wrote:I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!cpsteve wrote:I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.