ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
glass joe
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by glass joe »

Today it almost wasn't worth going out on my delivery. Last letter 11.30 back home at 12 and now being paid till 2.30. (Yes i took both my breaks) So what does this hold for the future? Is this laying the foundations to get rid of mondays letters in the future? Will our duties be redesigned so we take more out in the future?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by SpacePhoenix »

glass joe wrote:Today it almost wasn't worth going out on my delivery. Last letter 11.30 back home at 12 and now being paid till 2.30. (Yes i took both my breaks) So what does this hold for the future? Is this laying the foundations to get rid of mondays letters in the future? Will our duties be redesigned so we take more out in the future?
Backlog at your local MC?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I don't think we can judge anything on the present situation never mind lay the foundations for something.

It is what it is, what it will be in 6 months might be something completely different.
Only dead fish follow the current
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by RobertT »

Easiest day for a long time. Could of finished at 10.30 if I'd wanted to.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by chickenwittle »

No letters , lots of parcels .
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Very quiet where we are. 3rd Monday in a row that its been like it. I made 2 hours on my duty as did most others as well. We lapsed as well and there was nothing left back at the office to do even if the boss wanted to give us more. Someone said in another thread that it has something do to with DSA customers not supplying us with anything for Mondays and only supplying it every other day. If that is true or not I do not know. We are in a traditionally quiet time of year and we are told mail volumes are naturally down as well. There must be some big changes coming. 5 day delivery on letters, 7 days for packets and parcels within a year with big office revisions and changes to attendance patterns. Especially considering their plans for the tracks/shoe box and bigger sized packets. Id put money on it.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by Munchboii »

I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by deltaforce »

Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
I wouldn’t over worry . There will be thousands senior to you fighting to get out of the business if it comes.
glass joe
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by glass joe »

Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
Think the USO is keeping everyone in a job.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
The business already has a problem with an ageing employee dynamic.

That means extra cost in historic bonuses and supplements holiday entitlement as well as problems with long term illness and injury.

The last thing they want to do is get rid of all the younger members of staff and make the problem worse.
Only dead fish follow the current
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by wacko74 »

glass joe wrote:
Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
Think the USO is keeping everyone in a job.
Keeping the USO in it's current form will ensure none of us have a job eventually.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
I think job losses are more likely in MCs as the PSMs might mean that not so many staff are needed
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

I still had all of Saturdays letters so it didn,t make that much difference. :Boo hoo!
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by twoloops »

Same here we only took the biggest 6 loops that had not been taken since Thursday, lots of Birthday cards & untracked packets :sad:
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

Post by hawkeye622 »

30+YEARMAN wrote:I still had all of Saturdays letters so it didn,t make that much difference. :Boo hoo!
Yep, I had Friday and Saturdays mail in the frame before today's mail went in so no benefit to me either.....