ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Long service award

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mickpost67
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 14:53
Gender: Male
Location: Wolverhampton

Long service award

Post by Mickpost67 »

Hi I've just done 30 years service at royal mail but not had any info on what I will get
Example meal or £100 spending money
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by chickenwittle »

Mickpost67 wrote:Hi I've just done 30 years service at royal mail but not had any info on what I will get
Example meal or £100 spending money
Congratulations , more lapsing , enjoy .
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by grchpo »

What do you get for20 years?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by aiden01 »

grchpo wrote:What do you get for20 years?
Was offered a free lunch sandwiches an soup 1st drink free then pay your own way.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by RTP »

grchpo wrote:What do you get for20 years?
A pin badge. I kid you not.
Sputters2017
Posts: 79
Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by Sputters2017 »

I refused mine. after 20 years of hard work i thought it was an insult that all they can give you is a badge and an invitation to a meal which was miles away from where I live. You would think at the very least you would get a £100 shopping voucher
summersunshine
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Aug 2011, 15:43
Gender: Female

Long service award

Post by summersunshine »

I recall my 30th...it was an evening meal and awards ceremony, based around 40 miles away covering a large area with many others receiving awards...the itinerary was...coach laid on and as furthest away, first pick up at 5.30 pm arriving at venue around 7pm after collecting others en route. The evening was to finish around midnight then last drop off arriving home around 2.30 am!! I declined the invite! Think I received booklet to choose goods, but don't remember value?

40th...think it was a pin badge, and an invite to a Sunday lunch at a local hotel with others in the group...fancy hotel and 3 course menu of fancy food options. Drinks not included!! Also declined that one! Again think I got a booklet to choose goods?

Just give me VR and let me go....please.... :pray
Zicomurphy
Posts: 579
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by Zicomurphy »

Done 30 Years last year. Got £100 of vouchers usable in various High Street shops. No invitation to any meal or event, I think they stopped all that. Can’t remember if the info about the vouchers was sent directly to my home address or was given to me by a line manager at work. Either way, if you’ve already passed the 30 year mark I’d have word with your line manager if you haven’t heard anything.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Long service award

Post by NWpostie »

For my 30th I got £100 in vouchers, a pin badge, a small certificate, my previous ones were in A4 size, a dinner meal in a hotel, very nice meal it is too, at least I didn't pay for it, bottles of wines were on the table and is included as part of the package.

A good day out without costing me a penny.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by Dindin »

NWpostie wrote:For my 30th I got £100 in vouchers, a pin badge, a small certificate, my previous ones were in A4 size, a dinner meal in a hotel, very nice meal it is too, at least I didn't pay for it, bottles of wines were on the table and iys included as part of the package.

A good day out without costing me a penny.
I got£150 Asda vouchers. Call the long service team.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Long service award

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Zicomurphy wrote:Done 30 Years last year. Got £100 of vouchers usable in various High Street shops. No invitation to any meal or event, I think they stopped all that. Can’t remember if the info about the vouchers was sent directly to my home address or was given to me by a line manager at work. Either way, if you’ve already passed the 30 year mark I’d have word with your line manager if you haven’t heard anything.
I think they still do the meal. I got my invite 2 years after my 30th anniversary. It was at a venue 52 miles away! I said no thanks.