ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2000 managers
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
2000 out of 9700 to be made redundant, saving £130m a year. Just announced in the yearly results.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
2000 managers
Why have they gone after managers?Grumpyoldmailman wrote:2000 out of 9700 to be made redundant, saving £130m a year. Just announced in the yearly results.
Is it because it's easier to clear Postal staff due to retirements? I wonder how many RM posties retire each month or even quit, it's probably quite a lot.
Is it because managers aren't really needed. A lot of the time I am in the depot they are just socialising with Posties or trying to get people to take out more post than they can deliver.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
Most companies cut either managers or head office staff. They are paid more so make more of a saving. They will eventually replace some with new managers paid a lot less for the same job.norris9 wrote:Why have they gone after managers?Grumpyoldmailman wrote:2000 out of 9700 to be made redundant, saving £130m a year. Just announced in the yearly results.
Is it because it's easier to clear Postal staff due to retirements? I wonder how many RM posties retire each month or even quit, it's probably quite a lot.
Is it because managers aren't really needed. A lot of the time I am in the depot they are just socialising with Posties or trying to get people to take out more post than they can deliver.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
2000 managers
Didn't they just up the managers wages a few months back, now they think they are paying them too much?joewyan wrote:Most companies cut either managers or head office staff. They are paid more so make more of a saving. They will eventually replace some with new managers paid a lot less for the same job.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
There is plenty of managers without actual jobs in Royal Mail so I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure there will be plenty of managers wanting a pay off to there will be at least three in my office
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
It says there will be a cost of £150m to do it then they will save £130m every year after.Nickvilla20 wrote:There is plenty of managers without actual jobs in Royal Mail so I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure there will be plenty of managers wanting a pay off to there will be at least three in my office
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
2000 managers
Probably part of a transition to a parcel delivery company, the managers would be surplus to requirement.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
It has been obvious for a long time that RM is management heavy. All you have to do is go on strike and all of a sudden about 2000 managers show up.
I do hope they can find that 2000 figure voluntarily though. As much as I dislike most of the managers I have ever crossed they are people with families and lives. Next it will be us i'm sure.
I do hope they can find that 2000 figure voluntarily though. As much as I dislike most of the managers I have ever crossed they are people with families and lives. Next it will be us i'm sure.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
No postmen or postwomwn will lose their jobs in this round of cuts was the phrase used, they are coming for us next.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
Actually costing £150m to save £130m.Grumpyoldmailman wrote:2000 out of 9700 to be made redundant, saving £130m a year. Just announced in the yearly results.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
So we are making a loss while GLS are making a profit and growing all the time. How long before we are run into the ground, sold off and the company is split up. Why would a company keep the dragging limb that is UK letters and parcels when they could be running with GLS?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
2000 managers
The job cuts will mainly fall on so-called "back-office" roles, including finance, commercial and IT.Nickvilla20 wrote:There is plenty of managers without actual jobs in Royal Mail so I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure there will be plenty of managers wanting a pay off to there will be at least three in my office
The 3 in your office might have to wait.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
2000 managers
That's a very short term view.rambo1 wrote:Actually costing £150m to save £130m.Grumpyoldmailman wrote:2000 out of 9700 to be made redundant, saving £130m a year. Just announced in the yearly results.
Over 10 years it will have cost £150 million and saved £1.3 billion.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
2000 managers
Yeah I think you’re right thereclashcityrocker wrote:The job cuts will mainly fall on so-called "back-office" roles, including finance, commercial and IT.Nickvilla20 wrote:There is plenty of managers without actual jobs in Royal Mail so I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure there will be plenty of managers wanting a pay off to there will be at least three in my office
The 3 in your office might have to wait.
-
Bazbuz
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 11:59
2000 managers
The USO is also going to be looked at. They also state that they are looking to reduce their planned spend on assets by 250 million over the next 2 years.