ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
compassionate leave question
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
compassionate leave question
If your parent dies whilst you are on holiday leave, can you claim the 5 days back?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
compassionate leave question
Yes.
My dad died when I was on annual leave a few years back.
I actually came back in the following week then took the compassionate leave 2 weeks later when the funeral needing arranging.
My dad died when I was on annual leave a few years back.
I actually came back in the following week then took the compassionate leave 2 weeks later when the funeral needing arranging.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
compassionate leave question
I believe you can but each situation is different.
When my father died I was on my first day of annual leave, I contacted work and they extended my leave by addition the compassionate leave on to the end. This gave me time to do all the paperwork as executor and arrange the funeral.
When my father died I was on my first day of annual leave, I contacted work and they extended my leave by addition the compassionate leave on to the end. This gave me time to do all the paperwork as executor and arrange the funeral.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.