ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Jump Start
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
A lady stoped me the other day asking if I'd mind giving her a jump start, I refused. Given we're not even allowed to change a tyre a told her we're not allowed. I felt quite guilty about it to be honest, but was I in the right? It was a situation I'd never really come across.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
I'd feel guilty too but then again what if you damaged the vans electrics or worse what if whilst you were distracted with your head under the ladies bonnet some baddies jumped out and nicked your van or just opened the doors and helped themselves, yeah I know a bit far fetched but you never know.Seymour Buts wrote:A lady stoped me the other day asking if I'd mind giving her a jump start, I refused. Given we're not even allowed to change a tyre a told her we're not allowed. I felt quite guilty about it to be honest, but was I in the right? It was a situation I'd never really come across.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
You were right not to.Its a shame and You feel a jobsworth but You can’t take the risk
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
Tell her to join the AA. 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
Alcoholics anonymous30+YEARMAN wrote:Tell her to join the AA.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
Well it wasn’t that long ago we had the brief about looking out for vulnerable people on our rounds,seeing if they were ok etc etc,and of course anyone would help give a jump start,why wouldn’t you?,all be it we don’t carry jump leads,and you get a wonderful thankyou letter etc and Royal Mail milk the publicity etc,but if for whatever reason it goes wrong,then god forbid lookout!its against policy etc blah blah
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
I did feel a jobsworth to be honest.scoobydo79 wrote:You were right not to.Its a shame and You feel a jobsworth but You can’t take the risk
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
You cant do anything because if anything goes wrong then you will be held responsible same as doing any small job for someone while your working. Knock a pot of paint on someones carpet fix a pipe that leaks and floods the house their insurance can claim of of you if they tell them and you made a mistake.
-
panzer4
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 173
- Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
You did the correct thing if any thing went wrong,injury or damage,you would have been held responsible and remember hybrid cars and some with stop start system have special batteries can be damaged by jump start
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Jump Start
Whilst everything you say is correct, what a ridiculous world we live in when you can't give a helping hand.cpsteve wrote:You cant do anything because if anything goes wrong then you will be held responsible same as doing any small job for someone while your working. Knock a pot of paint on someones carpet fix a pipe that leaks and floods the house their insurance can claim of of you if they tell them and you made a mistake.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Jump Start
ihatedogs wrote:Whilst everything you say is correct, what a ridiculous world we live in when you can't give a helping hand.cpsteve wrote:You cant do anything because if anything goes wrong then you will be held responsible same as doing any small job for someone while your working. Knock a pot of paint on someones carpet fix a pipe that leaks and floods the house their insurance can claim of of you if they tell them and you made a mistake.
For we were soldiers once,and young