ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can you claim overtime holiday money as a part timer?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Can you claim overtime holiday money as a part timer?

Post by trevjim »

I am on 20 hours, have been for nearly 8 years now. I average probably 20 hours extra a week on overtime, sometimes more, so on average my working week is 40 hours+

When I'm on my week off I only get 20 hours as per my contracted hours.

I'm sure I've heard someone mention that there is a form or something to fill in that means you can get paid holiday money that reflects the hours you work, not your contracted hours?

Is there any truth in that. Fed up of only getting 20 hours for my weeks off when I do more then that every single week and have done for 8 years.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Can you claim overtime holiday money as a part timer?

Post by clashcityrocker »

You have to go through ACAS. Your rep will advise you. (Or your branch)
The tribunal (preliminary hearing) is set for November so unless something is agreed in the new agreement you won't see any cash for a while.
If you think it is a matter of filling in one form and getting the money, think again.

On the plus side it might be backdated if and when they get round to sorting it out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Can you claim overtime holiday money as a part timer?

Post by yellowbelly »

Have you checked out the thread here, loads of info on the process: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;