ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Part time to full time

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lawrencepa2014
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
Gender: Male

Part time to full time

Post by Lawrencepa2014 »

I’ve been doing more hours since doing the covid collections. They’ve changed my basic pay hours on my payslip from 28 to 35. They did mention when I was offered it the hours could become a permanent thing. Do you think this is likely? I don’t usually do much overtime because I don’t always get offered it and also I don’t really like working my days off. I do overtime very sporadically. I don’t know if that makes a difference to getting offered full time eventually. Is it guaranteed i will get full time eventually? And with everything going on should it be sooner than it would have been. I’ve been there about 15 months
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Part time to full time

Post by maisymoo04 »

nope as soon as everything goes back to normal you be back to part time
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Part time to full time

Post by smok3y666 »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:I’ve been doing more hours since doing the covid collections. They’ve changed my basic pay hours on my payslip from 28 to 35. They did mention when I was offered it the hours could become a permanent thing. Do you think this is likely? I don’t usually do much overtime because I don’t always get offered it and also I don’t really like working my days off. I do overtime very sporadically. I don’t know if that makes a difference to getting offered full time eventually. Is it guaranteed i will get full time eventually? And with everything going on should it be sooner than it would have been. I’ve been there about 15 months
No.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Part time to full time

Post by NewPostieUK »

It's an unusual office that makes someone up to full time after 15 months.

It would normally be offered to the person with the most seniority.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Part time to full time

Post by fb1969 »

A couple of years ago we had some people made up to full time within their first year.

It was purely done on seniority. We had a few full time vacancies where no one had been made up, several part timers didn't want to go full time so some fairly newbies got it. Some now wish they hadn't taken full time, they'd prefer a signed for duty as a part timers rather than being a reserve as a full timer.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.